Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

No Impressions & Clicks in Remarketing Campaign

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I am running a remarketing campaign related to drug crimes but i am not getting any impressions and clicks!

I have remarketing code on my website pages and i get 140+ visitors a day. So what can i do to get impressions in my remarketing campaign?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: No Impressions & Clicks in Remarketing Campaign

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
Hello Angad,

Welcome to AdWords Community.

Have you placed the code properly. Please check if the code is placed properly using Google Tag Assistant Chrome Extension.

If the code is placed properly, then check if the All Visitors List in the Remarketing is populating users or not. If the List size is more than 100 then you can use it for Display Network Campaign.

Now, have you added the Remarketing List as a targeting method to the adgroups?? Please check if you have added the one with list size of more than 100 for Display Network.

Is that a pure remarkeitng campaign?? or have you added any other targeting methods thus making it a narrow targeted campaign. If you have any other targeting apart from remarketing, please remove it as remarketing itself is a refined one.

Increase Bids and give it some time, you will surely get impressions.

Please read through this article from one of our Community Managers, It will help you greatly.
https://www.en.adwords-community.com/t5/From-the-Community-Team/HOA-Remarketing-Campaign-Troubleshoo...

Hope this Helps.
- Prashanth Reniguntala

Badged Google Partner
# 3
Badged Google Partner
Angad,

Did you use adwords remarketing code? or are you using the Analytics version?

1)Verify that the code is on your website, and is on the pages you want.

2) In adwords go to shared library and look to see How many members are in your list
https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2590189?hl=en&ref_topic=3180763

3) Use the Tag Assistant to make sure your tags are firing correctly
https://support.google.com/tagassistant/#topic=6000201

4) Check to make sure your remarketing is set up correctly as a Display Only campaign and
Display Network only - Remarketing

5) Check your frequency capping in the campaign settings. Remember Remarketing should be in it's own Campaign in the Display Network using the "remarketing settings option".

6) Are you blocking any keywords in a negative list by chance? Did you set up campaign exclusions? Are you using the Target and Bid or Target Only Option in your settings?
Targeting Options
https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/6056342?hl=en&rd=1

Once you have verified that there are no issues, it comes down to one or two things

1) Do you have banner ads in the most popular sizes? If you only have a few of the sizes you may be restricting your ability to be on many sites.

2) Adjust your Bid. You are competing with all the other Display Network advertisers for that Banner Space. A Bid of 0.10 is not going to get the job done. Increase your Bid to around 1.00. Remarketing lists will not have tons of clicks or impressions because the audience list you have is smaller, so Bid higher to recapture that former visitor

Quick recap:
check your tag
check your List
Up your Bid

See if that makes a difference.

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Eric Gehler,

I have checked the remarketing code. Its placed correctly on the website pages and also working & the list sizer is 6500+. i have targeted nothing in the remarketing campaign. 
Also i have increased the bid from $1 to $2.50 but still i did not get impressions.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Prashanth,

I have checked the remarketing code. Its placed correctly on the website pages and also working & the list sizer is 6500+. Yes its purely a remarketing campaign and i have removed all the targeting from the campaign also.
Also i have increased the bid from $1 to $2.50 but still i did not get impressions.

Badged Google Partner
# 6
Badged Google Partner
Angad,

Give it 24 =48 hours with the new bid because your 6500 have to be online and visit stuff, for your Ads to appear

When you say you are targeting Nothing - You do have to +Target your LIST.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Okay.
And Yes I am targeting my list in the campaign. Except that i have targeted nothing like placements, topics etc.

Thanks

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
It would work. Please give it some time as recommended by Eric Smiley Happy
Will wait to hear from you with an update!
- Prashanth Reniguntala

Rising Star
# 9
Rising Star

Hi Angad,

I'd like to add here, that remarketing isn't allowed for a few sensitive categories, as per Google's interest based advertising policy. It is possible that your business falls under this category, as you deal with drug related crimes. Could you go to Shared Library>Audiences to see if there's a 'Policy Violation' notification next to the remarketing list in question? More about the policy here.

Cheers,

Sumanth

Sumanth Sridhar