AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
1.8K members online now
1.8K members online now
Improve your Google Ads performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

No Impression on remarketing display campaign Text Ad copies

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

I have setup a display remarketing campaigns - separate Ad groups for Text Ad and Image Ads. I have more than 50,000 cookies on remarketing list. But I am not getting a single impression on the Ad group that contains Text Ad copies. All text ad copies are approved. Budget is high, CPC bidding is Automatic, Automatic placement is selected. Campaign is running for last 5 days.

Kindly let me know what is the issue and how to fix that.

Regards,

Phanendra

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: No Impression on remarketing display campaign Text Ad copies

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Phanendra

Just for testing, why don't you try adding a image ad in ad group with text ads to test your targeting. Try doing this and take actions accordingly after getting results.

My views.

Abhishek

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello Phanendra,

Welcome to the AdWords Community.

Check if you have any Campaign exclusions that prevent your ads from showing : the exclusions can be also audiences, categories. i.e Site Category Exclusions.

Check if you have any other targeting methods along with the Remarketing List, thus making this a narrow targeted campaign. If so, please remove the other Targeting methods and make it a pure remarketing campaign.

Please check if the daily budget is only consumed by the other Adgroup , as your new ad group should require additional budgeting . If so, try creating a new campaign with this specific Adgroup and assign a different budget for the campaign.

Also try changing the bidding to manual Bidding and Bid aggressively and check if you find any improvement

Hope this Helps! Also watch out to see if any other suggestions from other Top Contributors..

- Prashanth Reniguntala .

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Abhishek S,

We are also running image ads. The Ad groups with image ads are performing well. Our concern is why Text Ads are not getting any impression. We have separate Campaigns/Ad groups for Image Ads and Text Ads.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Prashanth Reniguntala,

We have made this campaign a pure remarketing campaign. There is no other targeting methods used. Budget is unlimited, and we have separate remarketing campaigns - Text Ads and Image/Banner Ads. Bidding is automatic.

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Hi Phanendra,

In terms of Google Display Network if we talk about text and image ads, the prime factor which separates them is the size and competition. Image ads occupy more space and hence require higher bidding as compared to text ads. Same is the case when ad auction happens and how well the ad is ranked (also based on placements whether they accept text or image ads or both), the ad is shown on that particular placement.

I would suggest if you could have separate text ads Remarketing campaign where you might have to try managed placements and see if that gets these ads going in terms of performance. You could also look at other targeting options like Topics, Demographics etc...

My 2 cents!

Pankaj

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Pankaj,

I have already informed that we have created separate text ads remarketing campaign. Our concern is Ad text remarketing campaign is not getting any impression even after running for 5 days. Budget is unlimited, Automatic placement, bidding etc are selected. Google is free to show our text ad in any GDN sites. Then why are we not getting impression? Remarketing list has more than 50K cookies, all ads are approved.

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor
There aren't many sites on the GDN that allocate slots for text ads (most slots are "reserved" for banners), OR you are bidding too low
Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 9
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi Phanendra,

I would check a few quick things-
- make sure the text ad campaign is set up as display Remarketing, not search
- make sure there are no major exclusions
- make sure both campaigns are targeting the same audience and nothing more
- make sure you haven't set a bid cap for automatic bidding <- this one is very important, if you've set a cap I would suggest raising it.

Do you have any ad schedules or bid modifiers in place?

Hope this helps!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Amy,

I have already informed that we are running only Display remarketing campaign and it is a search campaign.
No exclusions are added.
No bid cap, frequency cap and ad scheduling are done.