AdWords
2.7K members online now
2.7K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

No Conversions but high impressions and CTR rate.

Rising Star
# 1
Rising Star

Hi Guys,

Just wanted to know your idea on this campaign. Most of my adwords campaign going on except for this one. I have this client who usually invest 80 euros per day. And impressions rates and clicks are fairly ok. However conversions are unbelively less.

Just see the below chart.

Summary

That is the summary for last week. 

For other setting I have used location targeting as my client requested and I checked last month conversion details and picked up the best times conversions happened and added custom schudling for ads. Most of the keywords are on above 7 QS and i used around 40 keywords in 4 adgroups.

But still conversion rate is too low. These conversions focus on sales that worth 60euros so continuing on this rate wouldn't be any success for the client.

Just wanted to ask from you guys what else can i do for this client?

Any idea would be greatful. 

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: No Conversions but high impressions and CTR rate.

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi NIsal,

First I would like to suggest to create your search and display campaigns separately, instead of targeting in a same campaign. As it gives your better control over the campaigns.
In Search Network with Display select, you can not define the bid for Display network.

In addition to that can you check search terms and placement report. Try to exclude irrelevant placements and searches from the campaigns. Check the Ad Copy that gives conversion at lower rate, run them only or create similar ad copy and pause non performing ads. The keywords which gives a good conversion, bid high on that.

If your keywords are broad and triggering good number of impressions/clicks and not giving conversion then try with Phrase and BMM.

Also I would like to suggest to run Remarketing campaigns for both search and display networks.

--Rakesh Kumar, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor
In Addition to the above reply i would like to suggest create small ad group with highly relevant keywords, so that you can creates that ads accordingly. If you are using 40 kws in one adgroup, it is like a running a generic ads and landing on all keywords.

This not only helps to improve conversion but also improve your QS of campaigns and reduce avg CPC.

--Rakesh Kumar, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Rising Star
# 4
Rising Star
Hi,

Thanks for your idea, Yes actually I was thinking to run re marketing campaign as well since there are enough traffic generated from above campaign,

And i did checked placement report and optimized keyword bids manually for well performing keywords. I'll give little bit more attentions to the ads as well and see what I can do from that prospective.

Rising Star
# 5
Rising Star
Actually its 40 in 3 adgroups. May be Ill shrink it to one and see?

Rising Star
# 6
Rising Star

And rakesh i did seperated the camopaigns and ads got approved, but ad status says " This ad is not eligable to run in the display network" any reason why this happened even though ad is approved? 

Capture.JPG

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Nisal L
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

Hi Nisal,

This features is not available for Display network, in the preview it is clearly mentioned "This ad is not eligible to run on the search network". It is only available for Search network.
However, you can perform samething with display keyword bubble button.

Display keyword.png

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 8
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
Just an addition to the discussion and that's what on broader level. Whenever you see high CTR and no conversions , its clear people are landing on your site but not converting well. May be you want to revisit the ad copies you are using and check the relevancy of ad copies with the landing page.
After doing that if you still feel that your ads are relevant to the landing page ,you may want to further optimize your landing page for better conversions. I find following article to be very useful for landing page optimization :https://www.en.adwords-community.com/t5/User-Articles/Optimising-Landing-Pages-for-AdWords-Conversio...

Rising Star
# 9
Rising Star
Hi Zaidan,

Thanks for your idea. I think its a clear problem with landing page because just now I got a warning message from google saying it contains some malware- ( Well I know this client does not have any influence on infecting customers so i think somehow malware code being injected)

Anyway I decided to pause the campaign until i get a response from client regarding this website problem.