Guide Me
star_border

No Brainer? What could be the possible reason for Search Not Happening

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi,

Struggling to understand this. 

What could be possible for ads not running for any perticular day. All conditions being equal. Daily Ad Budget Ok, All Ad Groups Untouched from previous performance day. BUT today the budget consumption is low?

1) The first logical explaination that comes to mind is, well, today is Sunday so people are not sitting at their computers and hence no searches. But it was not the same last or even the previous Sundays, the searched were high, ads were showing and people were buying.

2) Next thing that might come to mind is, possible that the keywords are not being searched for that time period or it might be an off season. NOT TRUE, coz its something people need everyday.

3) Is competition doing something to my ads but why would it not show that the total consumption would be only 30%?

Please advice as per your experiences what are the possible reasons

Thanks in advance,

Chris T.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: No Brainer? What could be the possible reason for Search Not Happe

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Chris13;

When you run  Ad Preview and Diagnosis tool - what message are you getting?

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Top Contributor Alumni
# 3
Top Contributor Alumni

Hi Chrish

When you say your budget consumption is low on certain days. 

• How low is it in % from average?
  • Have you checked impressions and impression share metrics?
  • Also try impressions * 100 / impression share and check if this number also decreases
  • Is there a change in CTR on these days?
  • One last question, are you sure you haven't set any rules or scripts which run on certain days?

Regards, Nik
LinkedIn  |   @nikhilparachure | My Blog

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi,

When I run ad diagnosis (which I didnt run earlier) i get to see the ads for the keywords I try at different locations. Right or Top! for many keywords I dont see ads.

If you could let me know the kind of messages to expect that are not good!

Chris!

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi Nik,

• How low is it in % from average?

Around 70% decrease.

• Have you checked impressions and impression share metrics?

- Impression share for Keywords or Ads or both? For previous 7 days there are different ad groups that show up (which used to convert a lot) but for last 7 days it s a different ad groups. I had made some changes in some keyowords as they are eating a lot of my budgets.

• Also try impressions * 100 / impression share and check if this number also decreases

- Not clear on this one

• Is there a change in CTR on these days?

-Yes, decreased!

- Yes, a lot of decrease, in fact few of the keywords simply stop working.

• One last question, are you sure you haven't set any rules or scripts which run on certain days?

- No, never, manily coz I dont know how to do it :-)