Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

No AdWords Ads Showing

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello, 

I'm running several AdWords campaigns and often run test in the Ad Preview and Diagnostics tool. Sometimes when using the tool I notice that NO AdWords ad are showing. So, I'll search for a certain keywords in the tool and the ad shows in position 1 and life is good, but if I refresh and search for the same keywords again, sometimes NO ads are showing. Why is this? Thank you.

2 Expert replyverified_user

No AdWords Ads Showing

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Alysse,

What you are doing reflects some savvy thinking. My best guess is that when you refresh the screen your ad does not show due to a daily budget being low to support the ad to display at each and every auction. You could improve the situation by applying a higher budget and selecting the option *Accelerated ad delivery* on your campaign settings page. 

Best,

Lakatos

No AdWords Ads Showing

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you for the reply Lakatos! The campaign is set for accelerated ad delivery and there is quite a large budget left for the day. I would understand the reasons you provided to explain why MY ads wouldn't be showing, but I guess my question would be why are NO ads from any Google advertiser showing?

No AdWords Ads Showing

Rising Star
# 4
Rising Star

Hey Alyssa, how are things?

Since Lakatos already cover the budget part and we know that it's on accelerated delivery, the no show could be quality and auction requisites. Maybe for some of the queries and auctions your ad does meet the desired quality or even the estimated bid.

Make sure that your keywords have enough bid and check their Quality Score. Notice that the Quality Score you see on the account is just an average, so if can vary during the auctions. Aim for Quality Score from 7 to 10 to be more accurate and to try and have more consistent ads showing.

A few other things to look onto:

- Don't forget to use Extensions, they have an impact on the auction as well

- Check for any automated rule that may increase/decrease your bid

- Even if the budget is set to accelerated, you need to check the settings on your campaigns. If the goals are set to conversion or something like Enhanced CPC, Google may remove you from some auction if it understands that you aren't a person likely to convert.

Hope this helps

_

Leandro Martinez | Basta1Click

No AdWords Ads Showing

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Hi @Alyssa I,

I am sorry for my initial answer, however, we typically start with focusing on the most frequent reasons.

"...why are NO ads from any Google advertiser showing?   "

Paradoxically, that's the simpler part of your query. For SERPs, Google expects the ads to exceed a lower threshold in terms of Ad Rank, i.e. determined by the formula *Rank = QS*Bid* where QS is quality score. Regarding search queries where Google recorded poor historical user experience, higher lower thresholds may be applicable that advertisers cannot often exceed. (Note that poor historical user experience is typically caused by misuse of the terms by former advertisers in the past years.)

Otherwise please refer to the entry posted by @leandrofm above.

Best,

Lakatos