AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
4.2K members online now
4.2K members online now
Improve your Google Ads performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

New website same products different Adwords?

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi there!

With our website we are currently heavy investing in adwords. 

It concerns a .nl domain and are expanding to a .be domain.

With 140 campaigns it is a hell of a job to build an Adwords account.

Someone knows a better/faster way to have the exact same campaigns (Shopping and text/search campaigns) with only a different url and feed.

Thanks in advance!

Wooms

3 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
January 2016

Re: New website same products different Adwords?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Wooms N, the simple answer is the AdWords Editor.  With the Editor you can copy and paste an entire Account structure, then work on the copied version to change Campaign/Group names, geo targeting and URLs as necessary before uploading.  Even with 140 Campaigns the whole process should only take an hour or so, if that.

https://www.google.co.uk/intl/en/adwordseditor/

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
January 2016

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Wooms N, the simple answer is the AdWords Editor.  With the Editor you can copy and paste an entire Account structure, then work on the copied version to change Campaign/Group names, geo targeting and URLs as necessary before uploading.  Even with 140 Campaigns the whole process should only take an hour or so, if that.

https://www.google.co.uk/intl/en/adwordseditor/

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi @Jon_Gritton,

Thanks for your answer.

The other day I already tried what you said.
The search advertising (text) campaigns are copied.

However with the shopping campaigns the error occurs: "some of you campaign-settings are changed. We advise u to use 'collect recent changes' in order to solve this problem."

I've tried everything i could, but the shopping campaigns can not be uploaded to the new adwords account. Do you know how to resolve this problem?

Kind regards,

Wooms

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi @Wooms N,

Changing the domain name should not necessitate a new AdWords account if the business in question is the same. You can simply update ads to point to the new domain. 

However, if it is still required for any reason, you can copy campaigns using AdWords Editor over to the new account as @Jon_Gritton already advised. But, it's important to note that you won't be able to copy shopping campaigns to new account. Once you copy a shopping campaign to a new account, it changes to a search campaign with no product groups in it. You will still need to work with feeds and product groups as in a new campaign. 

https://support.google.com/adwords/editor/answer/38654?hl=en

Thanks
Ratan Jha

About Me: Community Profile | Ratan Jha INC.
If this or any other post solved your question, do not hesitate to accept it as the solution.

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Hi @Ratan-Jha,

Okay, what do you recommend then?
Just build the shopping campaigns from scratch?

Wooms

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Well, Yes @Wooms N. That's what I would recommend in this situation. A new feed for the new domain and new shopping campaigns. 

Thanks
Ratan Jha

About Me: Community Profile | Ratan Jha INC.
If this or any other post solved your question, do not hesitate to accept it as the solution.

Google Employee
# 7
Google Employee
This article is obsolete (I'll notify those responsible to have it updated). Editor 11.2, the latest version at the time of writing, knows how to copy shopping campaigns, complete with product groups and everything.

Note that the association between a merchant account and an AdWords one must be set up from the merchant side:

https://support.google.com/merchants/answer/6159060

You need to complete this process before you can create a shopping campaign in your new AdWords account that mentions your merchant ID.

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 8
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Hi @AdWordsEng-Igor,

Thanks for your answer.

You say that the latest version of the editor can copy shopping campaigns, but can it also upload to the new adwords account?

Kind regards,

Wooms

Google Employee
# 9
Google Employee
Yes it can. Again, make sure to set up the link between merchant account and the new AdWords account before uploading. For a shopping campaign, you specify merchant ID (under Shopping settings on Campaigns view) - that ID must already be linked, or the upload will fail.

While you are checking Merchant ID, also confirm that Country of sale is correct. Once the campaign is posted, these two settings can't be changed anymore.