AdWords
4.6K members online now
4.6K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

New to PPC Ads, Zero Conversions, Where Should I Diagnose First?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi All,

I'm very green in the PPC world. I've just launched an ad campaign targeting Austin and Houston within a 60 mile radius. All of my ads are being shown in the Google Ad Network, (my ads are within the Display Network only).

I haven't seen a single conversion and I'm not sure where I should start adjusting to help the campaign become more profitable. I've added more money to the budget overall, and according to the Adwords Bid Estimator, I'm paying about mid-range for CPC budget. My average cost per click bid ranges from $2-15.00 a day. And my max daily budget ranges from $30.00-$40.00.

I am getting only about 1-5 clicks a day and no conversions. Does anyone have any advice for a newbie like me?

Thank you,

~KT

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: New to PPC Ads, Zero Conversions, Where Should I Diagnose First?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

First things first - do you have Google Analytics installed on your site? If you don't then get it installed asap.

If you do - check that this is linked with your AdWords account - do you see AdWords traffic in the reports?

If you are seeing AdWords traffic - how does this perform in comparison with traffic from other sources? The thing is - if you are not getting conversions from other sources, then AdWords is unlikely to be any different....

and, for now - what are you measuring as a conversion and how are you doing this?

There's a lot more, but these are some of the basics we should check first...

Re: New to PPC Ads, Zero Conversions, Where Should I Diagnose First?

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hello there;

I look at it from a "diffent angle"  than Steve;

Why did you set your first campaign as a display campaign ? ( That in general, is  harder to manage than a search campaign  - and usually converts less)

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’