AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
4.1K members online now
4.1K members online now
Improve your Google Ads performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

New to PPC Ads, Zero Conversions, Where Should I Diagnose First?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi All,

I'm very green in the PPC world. I've just launched an ad campaign targeting Austin and Houston within a 60 mile radius. All of my ads are being shown in the Google Ad Network, (my ads are within the Display Network only).

I haven't seen a single conversion and I'm not sure where I should start adjusting to help the campaign become more profitable. I've added more money to the budget overall, and according to the Adwords Bid Estimator, I'm paying about mid-range for CPC budget. My average cost per click bid ranges from $2-15.00 a day. And my max daily budget ranges from $30.00-$40.00.

I am getting only about 1-5 clicks a day and no conversions. Does anyone have any advice for a newbie like me?

Thank you,

~KT

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: New to PPC Ads, Zero Conversions, Where Should I Diagnose First?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

First things first - do you have Google Analytics installed on your site? If you don't then get it installed asap.

If you do - check that this is linked with your AdWords account - do you see AdWords traffic in the reports?

If you are seeing AdWords traffic - how does this perform in comparison with traffic from other sources? The thing is - if you are not getting conversions from other sources, then AdWords is unlikely to be any different....

and, for now - what are you measuring as a conversion and how are you doing this?

There's a lot more, but these are some of the basics we should check first...

Re: New to PPC Ads, Zero Conversions, Where Should I Diagnose First?

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hello there;

I look at it from a "diffent angle"  than Steve;

Why did you set your first campaign as a display campaign ? ( That in general, is  harder to manage than a search campaign  - and usually converts less)

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’