6.2K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

New opportunities tab?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi, it seems that you guys have updated the opportunities tab and I'm a little bit confused! For example, in "Add new keywords to get your ads in front of more potential customers", why do I have to create a new ad group with these keywords, instead of just adding them into a most relevant ad group?

And why can't I set bids for my indivdual keywords in the opportunities? It just feels so scary for me to think about having a $10 bid for each of my keywords...

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Liwei Z
September 2015

Re: New opportunities tab?

Rising Star
# 7
Rising Star

What I would say is that although AdWords does what they can to automate tasks like bulk additions and deletions, some things do remain manual.

If you're not using AdWords Editor, I strongly recommend you give it a try. It makes adjusting bids manually, when I want to do that, fast and easy.

Theresa
Google AdWords Top Contributor
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

View solution in original post

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

Yes, there is a new opportunities tab with features described here :

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/3416396

About "why do I have to create a new ad group with these keywords" , you do not have to do anything from what the opportunities tab is suggesting. Those are only improval proposals, automated to save you time. You can either accept them and customise them or simply dismiss them. Certain customisations can be done only after "accepting" the "opportunity".

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hello,

Just a small addition here, you can add the new keywords in the existing ad groups if want like this:-

Opportunities.png

You just need to switch from new ad group to the existing one and Adwords will show you the drop down menu to do that. More details in the link shared above by Adrian.

Pankaj

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks... so it seems that I can only edit my keyword bids after accepting the suggestions? That's so inconvenient!

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

It seems that You can edit the bid, after clicking on the pencil Icon, as specified here :

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/3416396

(Expand "Add new keywords")

"Or, you can click the pencil icon to edit your new keyword opportunities. For example, you can add new keyword opportunities to a different ad group, change the bid, or deselect keywords that you don't want to add to your account.  "

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Sorry if I didn't make my self clear... I meant editing the bid for my individual keywords.

In the keyword opportunities, I can only edit the keyword bids in bulk (for the group of keywords), and then update the keyword bids *after* I added those keywords in my campaign. I don't want to set a high bid for all the keywords in the suggested keyword group, and I do want to be able to lower the bids for some of the recommended-but-not-so-interesting-to-me keywords.
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Liwei Z
September 2015

Rising Star
# 7
Rising Star

What I would say is that although AdWords does what they can to automate tasks like bulk additions and deletions, some things do remain manual.

If you're not using AdWords Editor, I strongly recommend you give it a try. It makes adjusting bids manually, when I want to do that, fast and easy.

Theresa
Google AdWords Top Contributor
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 8
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
Hello, you wrote "You can either .... or simply dismiss them". Actually, in this new interface, I do not see any way to dismiss the opportunities. Is it really there, and if so, where is it?

Thank you

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Here is how to turn off a notification and also you have some notification options in your account prefferences which might affect how many notifications you receive from Opportunities.

how-to-dismiss.png

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 10
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
Thank you, but in my account, I do not have the part that is in the upper right of your picture. Also, I do not want to turn off the opportunities and/or notifications about them altogether. They are fine - some of them. So I act upon those that make sense. But those that I do not find useful keep appearing under Opportunities. So I'd like to dismiss them individually. I think that this had been available in the old interface, but it either does not exist now, or it is hidden somewhere.