1.7K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

New camp in New a/c vs. New camp. in old a/c

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆

As the topic what should anybody do,  to have good result. Is there any difference if anybody is having New camp in New a/c vs. New camp. in old a/c ?

3 Expert replyverified_user

Re: New camp in New a/c vs. New camp. in old a/c

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Jeewan G,

Welcome !

I don't think there are any major differences..But the question is why should one create a new campaign by creating a new adwords account while there is an existing Account.You might have some good data in your old account which you may not want to loose & most importantly Google gives priority to the historical performance of old campaigns while calculating the QS..

Rising Star
# 3
Rising Star
Hi Jeewan,

I'd say there would be a negligible difference, as account history is considered. However, since the campaign is new, it doesn't make much of a difference. Further, it would make a big difference if you're using remarketing & conversion tracking, as these wouldn't be available in the new account.

Hope that clarifies Smiley Happy

Sumanth Sridhar

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi Jeevan,

When it is about new campaign in old account, things can be more strategic in comparison with new campaign in new account. The reason is obviously the historic data that the account may have. Based on the past performance of keywords, ad copies, extentions, landing pages etc., one can decide what to work more on and what to sideline.  It can help in formulating better startegies.

Now when it is about new campaign and in new account, I personally prefer starting slow. So much so that I do not get ahead to apply 100% of the alloted daily budget. I take 50 to 60% of the total budget which I should otherwise be implementing. Running for a week or two on this strategy, one gets access to real data based on which the campaigns can be streamlined upon from next weeks, and the full budget can be used with more efficieny.

Why this approach? Okay, I do it because no matter how extensive your research is, the data you have in access before starting a campaign is not 100% realistic in terms of the business you are working now on. Practically, the same thing that worked for others or even for you for other businesses in the past, will not necessarily work in the same manner for this new campaign/business. This is the reason I start slow and when I have real authentic in-account data of performance after the afore-mentioned period, I can get aggresive with the approach and can optimize campaigns accordingly for better performance.

My two cents.

Thanks
Ratan Jha

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Jeewan G
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor
To follow the Sumanth reply, You will not find any differences in the Remarketing as well, as you can import the Remarketing list of old account in the new account.
--Rakesh Kumar, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’