1.8K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

New Shopping Campaigns issue

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

The new Google Shopping campaigns offer many great features, one of which is the ability to manage bids for individual items.  Unfortunately,something changed in the last couple days so now I cannot view all my items. Is anybody having similar issues?    Is there a way to get access to all my items so I can edit bids on them?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: New Shopping Campaigns issue

Google Employee
# 2
Google Employee

Hi phdm3, 

To my knowledge we have never had the ability to bid on specific products. The bidding functionality remains the same as the original PLAs campaigns in the sense that you are effectively bidding on auto targets. What has changed is how you structure your campaigns.

If you wanted to bid on specific products you would need to just build out a product group for it. When you are in the Product groups tab, and click the pencil to edit All Products, you should be able to subdivide by Item ID and all your products will be listed individually there. If you create a product group for each product you can bid on them individually. 

I hope that helps to clarify. Please let us know if you have any further questions. 

-Hannah

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hannah,
Thank you for the reply. I have subdivided all my products down to the Item ID so that I can bid on each one manually. I have a Product Group with several hundred items that I have subdivided down to the Item ID's but Adwords is only showing a small fraction of the items (about 50 items). I have no way to access the other several hundred Item ID's to adjust pricing.

Google Employee
# 4
Google Employee

Have you thought about breaking your product IDs into different campaigns? Maybe having different campaigns for each category? 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi pdhm3,

I also have that exact same problem. I got in contact with Adwords directly and they informed me that it was a technical problem with the campaign which means it only shows a limited number of rows without any option of viewing more. I am still waiting for it to be fixed, but it might be worth you contacting Adwords directly about the issue as well!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Some progress to report on this issue.   Many of the individual Item ID's are now showing.  Any Item ID's that are more than 7 categories deep cannot be accessed individually.  If I try to subdivide further I get a notice:

"You can't subdivide this product group any further.

Product groups can only be subdivided up to seven times."

Unfortunately, with this update it looks like data for clicks, cost, cpc, etc are no longer being applied to the individual items.  Instead it appears as though this data is now all lumped into a category call "Everything Else in ..." at the bottom of each Product Group.  

Is anybody else seeing these same issues?

So to summerize:

1- We need cost, clicks, cpc data for individual Item ID's. 

2- We need the ability to subdivide Product Groups more than 7 levels.  

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I also have had the issue of not being able to see 50+ items fixed, but I also have the same issues as phdm3. I would also appreciate that data for individual ID's in the Product Groups tab, and the ability for further sub-division.

phdm3: I know it is a bit of a pain, but a temporary workaround to see the data is to go into the dimensions tab and filter by shopping ID's. This will show all the cost, clicks CPC data, and it does seem to be tracked there! It does mean a lot of switching if you want to make bid changes based on the data, but I am using that at the moment while they fix the issue.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Ah good idea! Thank You.