Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

New Keywords Quality Scores

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Google,

Quick question, what factors are taken into account when giving a brand new campaign's keywords, quality scores?

It seems a little too arbirtary for me...

Regards,

John

1 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Alys (Google Employee)
September 2015

Re: New Keywords Quality Scores

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆

Hey moose0305,

There are many factors that effect Quality Score such as historical account performance, CTR, quality of landing page, keyword/ad relevance, etc. Quality Score calculations also differ on the Display Network vs Search Network.

Take a look at the below articles and let me know if you have follow up questions:

Quality Score Overview

Improving Quality Score

Thanks,

BI

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Alys (Google Employee)
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi moose0305; welcome to the Community;

In addition to BlueIon's answer; I'd like to draw your attention that for a new keyword you are given to start, a QS based on an average QS of all advertising using this keyword, until you reach 1000 impressions, and start to get clicks on your campaign (or not). Google does not disclose how this "average" is calculated: based on all languages or is a language specific. In any case, you should keep in mind, that until to reach 1000 impressions, the QS is NOT based on your own campaign performance.

Read more in these two "keynote" discussions:

Ingredients of the QualityScore sauce

Recipe to making the perfect QualityScore Sauce

-Moshe

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Then I'm not sure how I went from Quality scores of 6 and 7 for keywords to 3s and 4s when I never changed the ads.

Here's the sequence of events.

1. new campaign with new keywords for new advertisier

2. I chose keywords and create ads

3. ads got marked as elegible

4. Keyword scores include some 6s and 7s

5. Started running the campaign

6. Looked into why I wasn't getting impressions

7. Saw thru keyword diagnosis tool that Quality scores were not 3s and 4s - although nothing about landing page or ads changed.

8. I am now very confused.

Any insite you can shed MosheTLV, would be most appreciated.

Re: New Keyword Quality Score

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

JuicyResults;

After how many impressions did the QS drop?

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Re: New Keyword Quality Score

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

0...the campaign hadn't really started yet. Is that the problem maybe? I am not getting impressions now that the campaign if running. That is what I am trying to solve. Maybe once I solve that, the QS will go up?

It's like the chicken and egg..which comes first?

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 7
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi

If you are creating ads from the adwords editor then it shows the quality scores diffrent than real time as it is offline in mode ,

if you are using adwords editor ,most of the time it happens