2.2K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

New Campaign Bid Simulator

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Is the new Campaign Bid Simulator available for all advertisers? I don't see it in my account yet.

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Karl (Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆)
September 2015

Re: New Campaign Bid Simulator

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi davidcorman,

I don't think it makes much sense to disable the conversion optimizer as what the conversion optimizer does, is take care of the bidding for you so you wouldn't have to worry about that. The bid simulator makes sense if you are using manual bidding. As it's not compatible with conversion optimizer you are also not seeing it in your account.

Cheers,
Karl

View solution in original post

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Davidcorman,

I'm not positive that it is available to all advertisers but I am seeing the option for accounts in the 'Opportunities' tab.

I do believe there are some limitations to these simulations.  I think they are similar to the ones listed here

Hope this helps!

-Tom

Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Ok thanks for your help. If my campaign is using the conversion optimizer or automatic cpc bidding, do you recomend changing it temporarily to see what the bid simulator would recommend?

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Karl (Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆)
September 2015

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi davidcorman,

I don't think it makes much sense to disable the conversion optimizer as what the conversion optimizer does, is take care of the bidding for you so you wouldn't have to worry about that. The bid simulator makes sense if you are using manual bidding. As it's not compatible with conversion optimizer you are also not seeing it in your account.

Cheers,
Karl

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi Karl,

Thanks for your reply. But how do I know how many additional conversions on average I might receive when increasing my CPA bids with the Conversion Optimizer? That is why I thought to switch to manual CPC bidding to see this kind of data.

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 6
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
The bid simulator won't actually show you estimates for conversions but for clicks.

If you have time to monitor your account, then you could also try to use manual CPC bids for a while and see if it works out better.

Like with every new feature you'll never know the final answer before testing it out yourselfSmiley Happy

Karl