AdWords
5.4K members online now
5.4K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

New - Alex's real estate company is looking to build a brand and generate more leads/clients - Generate leads using Google AdWords

[ Edited ]
Community Manager
# 1
Community Manager
Hi All, 

Monticello is a small boutique residential real estate company, offering high quality service, sales, and marketing techniques. Alexander is the manager of this business and AdWords too. This is a new website, a new company and a new brand. So Alex is looking to build a brand name and trust with potential clients. He would ultimately like to get more leads and potential clients.

I will now leave the field open for you all and Alex to discuss further. Feel free to ask questions or if you need any clarification to help him achieve his goals. 

Let's together make this a success and prove the power of this close-knit AdWords community,

Mini
3 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by stephenb (Follower ✭ ☆ ☆)
September 2015

Re: Generate leads using Google AdWords - Alex's real estate company is looking to build a brand and

Top Contributor
# 11
Top Contributor

Hey Alex,

Let me try taking your questions up one by one...

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

>>Does anyone have thoughts on how to measure a campaign by looking at the bounce rate? What is a successful bounce rate?

I think Jon's given you a great explaination above... I'd just like to add that lower the bounce rate, better it is.. but if you have a stand-alone landing page, you may have really high bounce rates.. but that doesn't mean that your page is bad... simply because there is nothing else for a user to do on that page.

I'd say anything below a 40% bouce rate is decent(don't hold me to this number.. it's a personal view)..

What bounce rate would mean for an Adwords manager? Landing page relevance. This means that your users searched for something, found your ad relevant and liked it.. so they cliked and came to your website.. but then maybe lost interest/din't like your site or couldn't relate to it and left... This means that the link you created betwoeen your adcopy and the landing page you take your users to is not maintained. Try using another relevant page (AdWords Express doesn't let you choose your internal pages... It lets you choose between your G+ Local page or your website..See the 'create an ad section screenshot on this page..)... Smiley Sad

>>I also would like to know more about how to manage my hotlinks under my Ad. I'm finding that often times the links do not appear, or they are incomplete. 

I do not use AdWords Express, but I did some research and found that they don't let you control that either... there is no option of sitelinks in your ad copies or your category pages... so I am assuming that you cannot control this. Can someone using Express verify this please?

>> can't figure out how to create multiple ads in Adwords express. Or does google completely control the ad?

Heres a link that will provide you a step by step process for creating & editing your ads.

AdWords Express - Ads

You should also see the Tips for creating Good Ads.

Your AdWords Express keyword list can't be modified, but if the keywords for your chosen category aren't a good fit, it may be helpful to choose a new category. In addition, we analyze performance data and gather feedback about the keywords regularly to make improvements to our categories. AdWords Express keywords are currently set on Broad Match [source]

>>For most of my ad words I'm using the homepage, but in some instances I have link to individual pages (buy, sell, search). Does Adwords express direct the user to different pages based on the words.

As I mentioned above, AdWords Express just lets you choose between your website and your Google+ Local Page... 

Probably on the website, Express chooses the pages it feels right to direct your users to.

=========================================================

If you really want to get into advertising online.. I would recommend creating an AdWords account as it gives you control over your advertising. See the comparison between the AdWords Express and AdWords account here.

Hope this helps!

Cheers,
Shweta

AdWords Top Contributor
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Accepted Solution’!

View solution in original post

Re: Generate leads using Google AdWords - Alex's real estate company is looking to build a brand and

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks Mini for inviting me to particiapte. Are we limiting the discussion to AdWords or can we include AdWords express?

Does anyone have thoughts on how to measure a campaign by looking at the bounce rate? What is a successful bounce rate? I also would like to know more about how to manage my hotlinks under my Ad. I'm finding that often times the links do not appear, or they are incomplete. 

I've got many questions and much to learn. 

Community Manager
# 3
Community Manager

We can discuss AdWords express too! 

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
Sitelinks are the links which appear along with your ads. Google decides when to display them. But keep in mind that your should appear at the top position (Above search results) to be eligible to appear with sitelinks.

Regarding Bounce Rates, it depends on what your goal is. I don't know about what is the best bounce rates for Real Estate Industry.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks can you give me bounce rates for other industries? I just trying to get a ball park idea.

As for Adwords expresss, any ideas on how to pick the ad? I can't figure out how to create multiple ads in Adwords express. Or does google completely control the ad?

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Hi,

Are you using your website Home page or a seperate landing page for your campaign?

If you are using a seperate landing page then the entire meaning of bounce rate changes.

On a usual landing page more and more information is included in one place, so there is no need for visitors to move to another page. So when they move away from this page it is bounce.

If you are using  a seperate landing page, then compare it with the bounce rate of your web site home page and let us know.

There is no standard bounce rates. It changes from industry to industry and from website to website.

And a lot depends upon the landing page.

Hope this helps.

Info

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thank you, It helps but I was looking for a number. My Adwords bounce rate is in line with my overall website BR. For most of my ad words I'm using the homepage, but in some instances I have link to individual pages (buy, sell, search). I have noticed that my landing page has changed. Does Adwords express direct the user to different pages based on the words. I have noticed via analytics that paid search users are landing on radon interior pages: Alexander H. Monticello, Esq. Principal Broker & Licensed Attorney Monticello, L.R.E.B. P: 518.227.0718 F: 518.223.8001 www.MonticelloNYS.com

Re: New - Alex's real estate company is looking to build a brand and generate more leads/clients - G

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
ya i can get u subject but not completely what should i do and how much ill get, from whoom

Top Contributor
# 9
Top Contributor

Hi Alexander, unfortunately, there really is little point in quoting any specific - or even ball park - bounce rates because they're so specific to your site and, where Adwords is concerned, your specific keywords, target area, ad copy, etc. etc.  While it's certainly true that some sites/subjects/products may lend themselves to a higher or lower bounce rate, I'd never say to anyone "Your bounce rate should be X%".  All you can ever really do is try to make your rate lower.

I would say that usually I'd expect Adwords bounce rates to be lower - if only slightly - than your organic search visitors.  My reasoning would be that while organic visitors can come to your site through any number of searches, your Adwords visitors should only be coming to your site through highly targeted keywords which, usually, you'd expect to generate a higher interest in the content of the site.

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank Jon. This was helpful. I'm interested to to know if you have an opinion on any of the other questions I raised.