AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
3.3K members online now
3.3K members online now
Improve your Google Ads performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

New Adgroups or Campaign for Geo-targeted campaigns

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I'm attempting to wrap my head around the best approach to run a campaign with multiple geo-targeting using the same keywords but different ads per geo-target. 

I have a client who runs seminars all over. The keywords are basically always going to be the same, the only difference will be the geo-targeting and I'd like a targeted ad per seminar (i.e. mentioning the city's name). 

What are your thoughts about setting up a campaign(s) like this? Any advice is appreciated!

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: New Adgroups or Campaign for Geo-targeted campaigns

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

@Dunn K;

>>"I have a client who runs seminars all over. The keywords are basically always going to be the same, the only difference will be the geo-targeting and I'd like a targeted ad per seminar (i.e. mentioning the city's name).

The advantage of this approach / strategy (as I see it)  would be only if you set a different landing page  with customized / tailored content  for the Geo area targeted.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Re: New Adgroups or Campaign for Geo-targeted campaigns

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi Duun,

Below structure will suites for your client.

• Setup One Campaign for each targeting location.
  • In every campaign one ad group for generic keywords and one ad group for your target location related keywords.
  • Exclude other locations form every campaign.
  • You can customize your ad extensions related to your target location you can use your generic ads for every campaign.
  • Use Call out extensions to add more info about your targeted location.
  • Usage of Location extensions will give you more local appearance for your ad.

Hope this structure will take less time and works effectively.

Thanks,

Aravindh.