4.3K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

New Adgroups or Campaign for Geo-targeted campaigns

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I'm attempting to wrap my head around the best approach to run a campaign with multiple geo-targeting using the same keywords but different ads per geo-target. 

I have a client who runs seminars all over. The keywords are basically always going to be the same, the only difference will be the geo-targeting and I'd like a targeted ad per seminar (i.e. mentioning the city's name). 

What are your thoughts about setting up a campaign(s) like this? Any advice is appreciated!

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: New Adgroups or Campaign for Geo-targeted campaigns

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

@Dunn K;

>>"I have a client who runs seminars all over. The keywords are basically always going to be the same, the only difference will be the geo-targeting and I'd like a targeted ad per seminar (i.e. mentioning the city's name).

The advantage of this approach / strategy (as I see it)  would be only if you set a different landing page  with customized / tailored content  for the Geo area targeted.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Re: New Adgroups or Campaign for Geo-targeted campaigns

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi Duun,

Below structure will suites for your client.

• Setup One Campaign for each targeting location.
  • In every campaign one ad group for generic keywords and one ad group for your target location related keywords.
  • Exclude other locations form every campaign.
  • You can customize your ad extensions related to your target location you can use your generic ads for every campaign.
  • Use Call out extensions to add more info about your targeted location.
  • Usage of Location extensions will give you more local appearance for your ad.

Hope this structure will take less time and works effectively.

Thanks,

Aravindh.