4.7K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

New Ad-Groups

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I currently have all of my keywords for a specific campaign in one ad-group. The quality score for these keywords is pretty low (on average between 3 and 5) and I would like segment these keywords into seperate ad-groups in an attempt to raise qs and deliver more targeted ads. Is there a way I can do this without starting from scratch and losing my previous keyword level data?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Lunnmower
September 2015

Re: New Ad-Groups

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
By pausing the ad group you will still be able to be able to go back and see this past data. You won't be able to move the data from the keywords into the new ad group.

I recommend that when you start breaking out your keywords into new ad groups to use the AdWords editor. This will speed up the process immensely. It even has a tool call the 'Keyword Grouper' which you could test to break out your ad group into multiple ad groups (although its would still need a number of tweaks).

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Lunnmower
September 2015

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
By pausing the ad group you will still be able to be able to go back and see this past data. You won't be able to move the data from the keywords into the new ad group.

I recommend that when you start breaking out your keywords into new ad groups to use the AdWords editor. This will speed up the process immensely. It even has a tool call the 'Keyword Grouper' which you could test to break out your ad group into multiple ad groups (although its would still need a number of tweaks).

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks for the feedback Ken!