AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
4.3K members online now
4.3K members online now
Improve your Google Ads performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

New Account or New Structure?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello to everyone.

I Would like what is the best choice to improve the low quality of my account and the poor performance. 

Option 1: Create the new campaigns inside the SAME account removing the old campaigns

Option 2: Create a New account with the new structure

What are the considerations about maintain the actual account? The option 1 is desired for the client.

Thank you very much

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author nicopixel
January 2016

Re: New Account or New Structure?

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor

Hi @nicopixel, I've never seen a really convincing argument for creating a new Account, when you consider the benefits of using the same one.

The only real perceived benefit of a new Account is that it may - and I stress may reduce the impact of poor previous performance (as discussed by @MosheTLV & @Chris H) but we really don't have firm data on how big this impact actually is, how long it lasts for, or if it's even relevant to your particular case.  I personally believe that any impact of poor previous performance is going to be pretty quickly overridden by good performance in a new structure.

Keeping the same Account, on the other hand, has many advantages, not least of which is being able to easily review the old structure for data comparison, etc.  

I'd always vote for option 1 unless there's a really compelling argument against it.

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits

View solution in original post

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Corrected

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi @Chris H;

>>"There is no such thing as ad group-level, campaign-level or account-level Quality Score."

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/6167132?hl=en

But, past account performances do have an effect at the keyword QS

Read more:

Understand what does and doesn’t matter when it comes to ads quality

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

By "past account performance" are you referring to the past performance of 'that' account or of all other accounts that have used that keyword? I know that the latter applies.

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

@Chris H

Are you saying that you have had more than one account for the same business targeting the same audience using similar keywords? This could be a violation of the Policy;

"Past account performances" refers to the a given account. Each account is "scored" based on its own  performances.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

No, I was saying that a keywords quality score is affected by how that keyword performed in the past in other accounts for other similar businesses. I was asking if the quality score of a new keyword would be affected by the quality score of the keywords in a deleted campaign within the same account.

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

Hello again @Chris H;

Past performance is  "graded" per account and attributed to a specific account.

A new KW will be initially given a QS= 6, until enough data about the performances  (mostly CTR) of this KW is gained to calculate a QS based  on the performances of the KW.

Also remember, that a QS is a relative score. The performances of the KW on your campaign compared to the performances in other cmapigs (by other advertisers),

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author nicopixel
January 2016

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor

Hi @nicopixel, I've never seen a really convincing argument for creating a new Account, when you consider the benefits of using the same one.

The only real perceived benefit of a new Account is that it may - and I stress may reduce the impact of poor previous performance (as discussed by @MosheTLV & @Chris H) but we really don't have firm data on how big this impact actually is, how long it lasts for, or if it's even relevant to your particular case.  I personally believe that any impact of poor previous performance is going to be pretty quickly overridden by good performance in a new structure.

Keeping the same Account, on the other hand, has many advantages, not least of which is being able to easily review the old structure for data comparison, etc.  

I'd always vote for option 1 unless there's a really compelling argument against it.

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thank you! I will implement the option 1.