Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

New Account & Match Types

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi Smiley Happy

When setting up a brand new account for the very first time, do you think a good strategy in terms of match types would to set ad groups up with an exact, phrase and broad match version of a keyword - then let the ad group run and adjust things based on how the different match types perform?

Thanks!!

2 Expert replyverified_user

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Hey Laura, how are things?

Yes, it's good strategy and actually it's a good practice to have the same keyword with multiple match types. Off course you have to tune this with your strategy and marketing plan, but you can definitely do it.

I'd recommend not starting with Broad, but with Broad Modifier instead, having then one keyword in three match types: Broad Modifier, Phrase and Exact.

If you plan to use single keywords (keyword that only have one word), don't forget to use and abuse of your negative keywords, this will help no to spend your money on somethings that aren't useful to you.

Hope this helps Smiley Happy

_

Leandro Martinez | Basta1Click

Rising Star
# 3
Rising Star

@Laura B I am subdividing search campaigns based on match type to reallocate budgets in more effective way. Also, I agree with @leandrofm on point regarding BMM - I also utilize this match type before experimenting with Broad keywords. 

Cheers, Alexey
UAWC Agency
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’