AdWords
3.4K members online now
3.4K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

New Account - How to Reduced average CPC?

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi Experts.

How can I reduced the average CPC of a new account? PLease gives your tips & tricks from your experience.

thank you

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: New Account - How to Reduced average CPC?

Top Contributor Alumni
# 2
Top Contributor Alumni

Hi

This is a very generic question and answers can be 100s depending on your account structure and landing page.

Here are some basics you can try

1. Relevant adgroups with fewer number of keywords each

2. Relevant ad copies

3. Relevant landing pages including Destination URL, Display URL, meta tags, title and contents

But you can find out more detailed info at https://support.google.com/adwords/bin/static.py?hl=en&page=tips.html

Hope this helps

Regards, Nik
LinkedIn  |   @nikhilparachure | My Blog
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hello Anil,

I think majority of the advertisers will agree that they are actually working on reducing their costs so as to achieve higher Return on Investments (ROI).

According to my understanding of this interesting advertising model i.e. Adwords, you can reduce your costs by increasing the Quality Score of your keywords which you are using inside Adwords. Quality Score is the real metric and once your account's keywords start improving on it, you will automatically see cost going down. But trust me it's not a fast process, rather it's a slow and steady process by which you will see an impact on Quality score of your keywords.

Simple formula : Pay more with low Quality Score and Pay less for high Quality Score.

Now in order to improve this metric, you will have to improve the CTR for your keywords and much more...

Look at the terms you are using and what is the Exact Match impression Rate for your account. If possible try to improve on it. By doing this, your CTR should make an uplift.

Look at the keyword match types you are using. Although as per recent update, your exact and phrase match types will have more flexibility and wil be eligible to trigger ads for close variants, but make sure that it is in your benefit, otherwise, you might opt out of it and go with a different strategy.

Work on the negative keywords and include them frequently so that your ad is delivered only to the relevant qualified users. This will improve the overall user experience for your product/service and you will see yourself an increase in ROI.

Read this reference for more details.

Hopefully this should help you to build a strong strategy and work on reducing costs for your Adwords account.

Best of Luck!

Pankaj

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

pankaj1782 wrote:
Look at the terms you are using and what is the Exact Match impression Rate for your account. If possible try to improve on it. By doing this, your CTR should make an uplift.

Best of Luck!

Pankaj

Hi Pankaj, Thank you for your detail explanation. Please explain this terms in detail. Its not very clear to me.

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Zee (Community Manager)
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Hi Anil,

Exact Match Impression Share is the percentage of impressions which were delivered that matched your keyword exactly. 

Terms I referred to here was the Search Terms Report which you can easily pull out by selecting the keywords and then click on Keyword details and then selected. It will show you what terms people searched for and what match type was delivered for a particular keyword from your account and based on that you can include relevant terms as Exact match keywords and try to improve on Exact Match IS as I said above.

Hope that clarifies!

Pankaj

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 6
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

pankaj1782 wrote:

Hi Anil,

Exact Match Impression Share is the percentage of impressions which were delivered that matched your keyword exactly. 

Terms I referred to here was the Search Terms Report which you can easily pull out by selecting the keywords and then click on Keyword details and then selected. It will show you what terms people searched for and what match type was delivered for a particular keyword from your account and based on that you can include relevant terms as Exact match keywords and try to improve on Exact Match IS as I said above.

Hope that clarifies!

Pankaj

Great.. you make it clear. 

Thank you

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 7
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
Very thoughtful answer by pankaj1782 and good question anil225.

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 8
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi frnds I would like to thank you for great replies here. It gives indepth of info here and I have learnt a lot from everybody Kelvin