2.8K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Negative keywords in a campaign with slitelinks

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Is it recommended to insert negative keywords to a campaign where those negative keywords are sitelinks text? For example, I have a general campaign promoting BaByliss undulating, all the models, and as sitelinks I added Conical Undulating, Triple Undulating. On this campaign I added "conical" and "triple" as negative keywords, so all the searches with these two keywords to go to a separate campaign targeting one of those two keywords.

3 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Negative keywords in a campaign with slitelinks

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
HI Gabriel,

I think I understand your question.. The negative keywords won't effect your Sitelink text. Is that what you are asking?

ScottyD, AdWords Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author The George
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hello Gabriel,

Negative keywords actually prevent your ad from being served for those particular terms or around those terms depending upon the negative keyword match type which you have used inside the account.

Directly there is no as such relation between a negative keyword and your sitelink. That's what I understand.

Rest, you can optimize and fine tune your campaign, sitelinks and negative keywords based on how the performance goes.

My 2 cents!

Pankaj

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
What I meant is if the search query is "undulating babyliss conical" and I added "conical" as a negative keyword, also I have a sitelink called "BaByliss Conical" will the sitelink appear?

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor
Yes, the Sitelink will still appear in that scenario.

Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor
Gabriel, if the match type of the negative keyword is phrase or broad then the ad won't be showing at all, let alone the sitelink.
Calin Sandici, AdWords Top Contributor | Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | LinkedIn | myBlog

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor
Calin, the keyword might be something completely irrelevant to the negative keywords though and still have the "BaByliss Conical" sitelink appear.