Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Negative keywords blocking targeted keywords - Dismiss

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hey Everybody 

Just a basic question, when Google flags up a keyword conflict and you dismiss it. Does that mean that Adwords accepts that is no longer a conflict and so serves the relevant kw accordingly? 

Shannon 

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Negative keywords blocking targeted keywords - Dismiss

Badged Google Partner
# 2
Badged Google Partner
Hi Shannon,

It's just a message to help you, your conflict will not be solved by dismissing it.

Ken

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Ken is spot on here, you are dismissing the message not the problem. The problem will still persist.

Good Luck

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Ken/Clynton

Thanks for that clarification, its an odd one.

Its the Exact Negatives showing as conflicts in the BMM Campaigns. I load match types as negatives to keep the CTR, CPC etc under control.

I was just wondering if there was anything behind that dismissal to stop he conflicts as I don't want to remove these negatives.

Shannon

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor
when Google is assessing this conflict it is looking at your keyword as if they are all exact match, even when broad or BMM. Google cannot make the jump to what a BMM may expand to.

There are times where you use BMM to cast a wider net but still want to avoid certain exact terms by negating them.

Even tho you have the conflict warning is that BMM keyword still gaining impressions?

Kim Clink, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Clink Digital Marketing
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the 'Best Answer.'

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 6
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi Shannon,

I had the same problem as you. I have seperated Exact and MBM in my campaign and book exact keywords as negative in my MBM Keywords. And I then also get a warning that my campaign is not shown, because of the negative exact kw I have booked. It is nothing to worry about, because I see that I still get Impressions for this keyword. It is just that exact order which is not shown, and that is exactly what you want, because this exact kw is in your Exact Campaign.

Hope it helps you.

Fenna

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Kim/Fenna

I have had a look and the right keywords are getting the traffic, so it seems even though it's best practice the system will give a warning. Interesting....

Thanks for taking the time to answer though. Appreciate it.

Shannon