Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Negative keyword Japanese hair treatments

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi to each one out there

Just a niggling question gentlemen and ladies; in a keyword 'Japanese hair treatments' if I use the entire keyword phrase as negative keyword i.e. (Japanese hair treatments) then do my ads appear for search terms like Hair Treatments, Hair regrowth, Hair Restore etc.

I know if I use 'Japanese' as a negative keyword then my ads would continue to appear as usual except for terms containing Japan or Japanese; not sure how exactly they function for 3 word phrase

Thanks in advance

Ritu

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Negative keyword Japanese hair treatments

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Ritu,

Not sure in which match type you wanna ad negative. Yes they will appear for hair treatment and others you mentioned. If you will add Japanese as negative broad you ad will only stop appearing for term Japanese and other terms that has Japanese and additional words before and after. It won't stop to show for Japan. To stop showing ads on Japan you need to add Japan also in negative.

Broad Match: stop negative word and any term that has negative term with additional words before and after. if you will add block ads as negative broad, it will stop showing ads on search terms that has block and ads in any order. If you will add block as negative it will stop showing ads all search terms that has block. but to stop showing ads on blocks you need add it also.

Phrase Match: Stop negative term in same order and search term that has negative term in same order with additional keywords before and after. Order remain same here if you added "block ads" will only block when user search for block ads in USA, USA block ads. It won;t stop showing ads for ads block in usa etc.

Exact Match: Only block exact keywords. It won't stop ads for exact match negative with additional keywords. If you have [block ads] in negative. It will only stop showing ads for exact keywords block ads, infact it will show for block ad.

Thanks

Neha

Neha Gupta, AdWordsTop Contributor Follow Me: My Blog | Twitter | Google+ | LinkedIn
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Re: Negative keyword Japanese hair treatments

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Thanks for the reply, that would help