Guide Me
star_border

Negative Remarketing Lists?

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 1
Top Contributor

First up, I'm totally new to RLSA

There is a campaign that has been generating a lot of invalid clicks, in the past 14 days though it has skyrocketed to over 50% Invalid click rate.

I could block via IP in the campaign settings however I dont want to do that.

Is there a way to setup a negative list that could be used for a particular adgroup or keyword(s) to exclude say ppl that have seen the landing page more than 2x, so as to prevent them from seeing further ads when they perform a search?

Any help appreciated.

Bronwyn Vourtis, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here
2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Negative Remarketing Lists?

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
Hi,

Yes, this is really possible when you create remarketing lists using Google Analytics.

Thanks,
Siva.

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

If you could expand/give clear details on how one would go about it, that would be helpful

Thanks
Whims

Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
Let me find that out and will revert

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 5
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆

Here it is. First you need to install and use Google Analytics Remarketing. https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/2444872

Then choose the number of sessions in the behavior section and select the landing page in the conditions section. Here are the screen shots. You can do a whole lot more if you investigate Google Analytics remarketing.

sessions.png

lp.png

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Lets assume for a moment analytics isnt being used, some other non google tracking service is being used.

As per my initial question, is it possible to do what I was considering using a negative list setup thru adwords specifically for search ads (not display network)

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 7
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
Hmm, i don't think you can do it using negativesSmiley Happy

Siva.

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor
Ok thanks ..off to do more reading. I may be mistaken but am sure I have seen mention of negatives somewhere.

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 9
Top Contributor

Hi @Bronwyn V ; How are you? Great to see here again Smiley Happy

Yes. With RLSA you can create a rule to exclude users.

The help center  documentation is a bit "short" on this part.  See this discussion on the topic in  the community, and the summary from search engine land

https://www.en.adwords-community.com/t5/Performance-Optimization/Exclude-search-audience/td-p/215369

http://searchenginewatch.com/sew/how-to/2280819/google-adwords-remarketing-lists-for-search-ads-rlsa...

If you search Google for "RLSA strategies", you'll find many more blogs on the topic.

-Moshe

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 10
Top Contributor

Gday @MosheTLV Smiley Very Happy

Those links are helpful, as is the google search for "rlsa strategies"

Having said that, I find this whole thing rather confusing and since I dont have a jar of Nutella on hand to drown my sorrows in, I think I shall resort to crawling under my desk to curl into a fetal position as I quietly sob for a while Smiley Sad