5.5K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Need help with sitelink extensions

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello, I am very sorry if this question has been already asked but I cannot find it. I am new to managing AdWords.

There are 3 domains (each with its own campaign). Each campaign has a sitelink extension.

But the problem is that the same extension is used on all of the domains, so all 3 of the campaigns will be going to just 1 website.

How can I have each campaign have sitelinks to each website? Is this possible with AdWords? When I go to edit the extension it says that all 3 campaigns will be updated.

Thanks in advance for any help.

1 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Re: Need help with sitelink extensions

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Mk355778,

I'm not sure I completely understand but I'll try to help. All sitelinks in a group must go to the same domain, so you can't have one sitelink in a groupgo to abc.com and one go to xyz.com. I don't think that's what you're trying to do but I thought I'd cover it anyway. In order to have different sitelink destinations urls you must have 3 separate extension groups or like you said, altering one of the extensions will change them across all campaigns. I suggest making each of the sitelink extensions a little different so you can tell them apart and assign them to the corresponding campaign. In review, create 3 different sitelink groups - one for each campaign. I don't think you will be able to use the same wording for each sitelink group so you'll have to make them slightly different. This can all be completed under the ad extensions tab.

Good luck
Kelly

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi Mk355778,

You need to create separate site links for each campaign.

I think this is what you have done.

Selected the first campaign and created the site links for it, with the correct destination URL/Domain.

Selected the second campaign, at the time of the site link creation you selected the site link extension created earlier for the first campaign.

You should have created a new site link extension using the option

+ Create new extension.

When you create the new site link you can give the correct URL/Domain.

So to correct it this is what you need to do.

Go to Ad Extensions tab.

One of your campaigns has a site link extension going to the correct domain.

Select the other two and delete them.

Then click on +New Extension

Select the campaign

+ Create new extension.

Create new site links with correct URL/Domain.

Hope this helps,

Info

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

So I am viewing all 3 of the extensions (1 for each domain). I am about to delete an incorrect one.

Are you sure this will only delete the selected one and not all of them?

I ask because I will probably be fired if it all gets messed up.

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Hi Mk355778,

Yes, It will delete only the ones which you selected (select the correct ones Smiley Happy)

When you do editing the extension it says that all 3 campaigns will be updated, this is because you are editing the same Ad extension, whis you have used for all three domains/campaigns.

Hope this helps,

Info

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Ok, I have deleted the sitelinks extension and added the new ones.

It says that it is eligible, how long does it take until the new sitelinks will appear?