Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Need help to get clicks

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi All,

I am working for travel portal.  I am using keywords in exact match and there impression per day  2k to 3.5k .

my keywords average position is 1.5, 2.5, 3.5 but i unable to get 10 clicks per day.

Thanks

2 Expert replyverified_user
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Ramesh Bhatt
September 2015

Re: Need help to get clicks

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
Hello Sumanth,

My all keywords are very relevant and in exact match.

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 9
Top Contributor

Hi Ramesh,

Some of the excellent advises you have already received above!

As per your screenshot, you are really struggling in terms of the CTR, especially if we talk about Search network only campaign. CTR of minimum 1% is expected on Search network, otherwise the advertisers have to really pull up the socks and reconsider the optimization being performed.

In all of the 3 ad copies, I could see that you are using DKI option. Also the message of the ad copy is such that it would encourage the users to make a phone call, rather than clicking on your ad and reaching the landing page. That could be one of the possibility why you aren't getting many clicks. I am not sure about the phone calls.

I would suggest you to write some different variation of ad copies, which might encourage the users to click on it. CTA you are using i.e. Call now need to be changed if you consider that. Use some other compelling CTAs like Request a free quote, Learn more on our Special Deals etc...for example.

My 2 cents!

Pankaj

View solution in original post

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Hi Ramesh,

What's the average CPC & budget for the campaign? If you have budget and good avg. position, it is most likely that your ad copies aren't engaging or interesting enough to attract a click. Another reason could be that keywords aren't relevant to the content of the ad. For Ex: Showing a generic ad about fruits to a user looking for Navel Oranges or showing an ad about apples to someone looking for oranges. In case keywords are relevant, it is most likely the ad text. Here's a great article from our community, that goes in details about effective ad text.

Hope that helps,

Sumanth

Sumanth Sridhar
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
Hello Sumanth,

My all keywords are very relevant and in exact match.

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi Ramesh,

Sumanth is right - even though you are showing up for queries, searchers are not seeing your ad copy as a solution to whatever need they are looking to fulfill. Aside from ad copy, I'm wondering if your keywords could be more specific? You mentioned that you are using exact match but if you are targeting head terms, with only one or two terms in the keyword, it might still be too broad even if the match type is exact.

For instance, if you are bidding on things like "travel" or "airfare", people searching those things could be looking for a lot of different results and might not necessarily be low enough in the funnel to click on a travel ad.

Try expanding out into longer keywords such as "low cost flights to _______" or "buy airline tickets online". There won't be as much volume but you can also use phrase and modified broad to try to increase impressions without worrying that visitors aren't qualified.

Then, like Sumanth said, make sure your ad copy is engaging. Try to include keywords in your ad copy. Dynamic insertion is great, too, but be sure that you only use it with highly relevant keywords.

All the while, take a look at the search query report and add negatives to cut down on irrelevant traffic. You're likely getting impressions from people who are the wrong fit altogether, so adding negatives will help improve the quality of your impressions.

Badged Google Partner
# 5
Badged Google Partner
Ramesh,

As Summanth stated:

It still comes down to your ad copy if your ad position and impression share is great. The only other possibility is location targeting in your setup.

We are talking Search Network correct, and not display network? if it is display then that's about par. if it is Search then re-check your ads, Your CTR of 10 clicks and 3.5K impressions will be 0.002 ish so the issues is definitely your ADS.

If you want us to review your ad, give us an example and we may be able to help you further.

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 6
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
Eric brought up a good point to ask which network you were running on. To build on that, if you're running a search campaign, be sure that it isn't accidentally also opted into the display network. That's the default if a campaign is built in AdWords editor and can easily be launched without having been noticed. It would account for a lot of extra impressions.

Also, just to clarify my previous message, the reason I asked if maybe your keywords could be more specific and mentioned that you might want to consider negatives is that I suspect if you are getting that many impressions but very few clicks, that you might not be getting the "right" impressions. I realized it might not have been clear as to why I suggested decreasing impressions when the issue is click volume.

Best,
Amy

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 7
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi Amy and Eric,

Thanks for reply, I am using search network. my taring location is whole USA .

Thanks

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 8
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
Waiting for your reply....
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 9
Top Contributor

Hi Ramesh,

Some of the excellent advises you have already received above!

As per your screenshot, you are really struggling in terms of the CTR, especially if we talk about Search network only campaign. CTR of minimum 1% is expected on Search network, otherwise the advertisers have to really pull up the socks and reconsider the optimization being performed.

In all of the 3 ad copies, I could see that you are using DKI option. Also the message of the ad copy is such that it would encourage the users to make a phone call, rather than clicking on your ad and reaching the landing page. That could be one of the possibility why you aren't getting many clicks. I am not sure about the phone calls.

I would suggest you to write some different variation of ad copies, which might encourage the users to click on it. CTA you are using i.e. Call now need to be changed if you consider that. Use some other compelling CTAs like Request a free quote, Learn more on our Special Deals etc...for example.

My 2 cents!

Pankaj

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 10
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
Thanks Pankaj Bhai