Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Need expert Advice on Landing page experience and SEO

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi fellow Adwords professionals;

Thanks for the great community. The question is pretty straightforward, yet I need an experts advise seeing as this is one of our biggest clients.

We have come across keywords having low quality scores, under 6/10? The keyword relevance is of poor quality Adwords suggests. Although this is indeed what our clients offer as services there is maybe only 1 mention of it on the landing page.

My question is this; Does SEO assist with issues like this? Adding it to the landingpage?

Spoiler

Adding metatags, h1,h2,h3, bold, etc....

I will be utmost grateful if someone can give me a correct answer. Ive seen posts on Google but nt sure if theyre correct.

thank you!

Spoiler

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Need expert Advice on Landing page experience and SEO

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star
Hi Chavonne,

Meta tags have no impacts on adwords landing pages.
Though the Headline and description, the content on the landing page matters for PPC relevancy.
But at the same time it is not always necessary that including keywords in the landing page and the ad text will always boost the ad relevance to the most.
The adgroup creation with a tight theme and highly relevant ads also matters as in most of the cases the relevancy is lost due to a variety of keywords variation within the same adgroup where all your keywords are not covered in just 3-5 ads.

Regards
Archit, AdWords Rising Star, Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi thanks for replying.. I agree on the theme, but howecome there are so many posts on Google saying that SEO DOES matter?

It makes me think there must be some truth in it...

Rising Star
# 4
Rising Star
I am not very clear with the statement: "but howecome there are so many posts on Google saying that SEO DOES matter".

Mata Tags matters for SEO only.
If you have same webpage which you want to rank with SEO and PPC both then i suggest to use Meta tags in that webpage which will help in SEO and at the same time no impact on PPC.
But will need to use tracking template.

Regards
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi

The SEO does not matter to me, I only care about if it matters for Adwords.

See this link:
https://www.google.com/search?q=does+seo+matter+for+adwords&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8#q=does+seo+help+adword...

Im not familiar with tracking templates Smiley Happy

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 6
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Hello @Chavonne s

As per your question, Quality score is determined at the keyword level. The engine looks at the keyword and then reads or crawl the landing page to determine if the landing page is aligned. By alignment i mean that you should have unique landing pages for each keyword theme. If you are advertising ‘ppc services’ the user is seeking for ppc services so we need ‘ppc services’ landing page. If the useris looking for ‘seo’ the best landing page would showcase seo.

So by for keywords relevancy to the landing page or landing page alignment we need to make suitable landing page which have proper keyword density to content, relevant and unique content as per keywords theming, H-Tags, Alt tags to images, Meta Tags and page load times.

Hope this helps!

Ana

[ Edited ]
Rising Star
# 7
Rising Star

My one word answer is NO.

If you are not doing SEO then still you can acquire the 1st position in PPC except the content of landing page which matter for both.

Regards

Rising Star
# 8
Rising Star
@Ana,

Google is looking for three main things when it comes to your landing page: relevant content, transparency, and navigability. In terms of your title/headline, focus on two things – relevance to the keyword and ad copy, and communicating a clear message to visitors. Good headlines reinforce the message of your ad, and can improve your conversion rate.

I don't think Meta tags plays any such role for PPC.

Regards

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 9
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Hello Archit

I mentioned that Quality score depends on relevant content to keywords use5r is searching for after that point rest points are consider for aligned or you can say is best practice for landing page in seo or in ppc both.

Ana
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Chavonne s
November 2015

Top Contributor
# 10
Top Contributor
Hi Chavonne,

You say your keyword relevance is low. There is only one thing that Google looks at for KEYWORD relevance, that's CTR and how it compares to competitors' use of the same keyword. If you have low "keyword relevance", work on improving your CTR.

Forget about SEO, meta tags, header tags, relevant content. They won't help with keyword relevance. The only thing that will help is improved CTR. How do you improve CTR? Better match between keywords and ad copy is a good place to start. If you have many unrelated keywords in an ad group with generic kind of ad copy, consider splitting those into smaller, more focused groups with ad copy specifically tailored for the keywords. Increase your bids to get better visibility if you're not already at the top of the page.

If the bubble tool cites below average landing page relevance, look first at 2 things: mobile usability and page load time. You can get a gauge of both of these with the Google Page speed tool: https://developers.google.com/speed/pagespeed/insights/

Landing pages should be at least 90/100 speed and 95/100 User Experience.

"How come there are so many posts on Google saying that SEO DOES matter?" Because there are a lot of people confused on this issue and giving bad advice. That's my own opinion and I apologize if I have offended anyone. Let me rephrase, "SEO DOES matter, but not to AdWords."

Best of Luck!

Pete
petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords