AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2K members online now
2K members online now
Improve your Google Ads performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Need advice for a better performance of the Adwords please

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hey my experts, i am working nowadays on google adwords Campaigns and need some advices to improve my job, as I have lost some money during 2013 actually. So please advise me about:

1- How many Ads Groups I should add per Campaign to get the best performance of traffic for my ads groups?

2- Can I use 2 techniques in writing my keywords at the same ad group, like using the 2 methods of Broad match keyword and Broad match modifier keyword in the same ad group, or I should follow one technique only in writing the keywords in each ad group?
Sample of Board match keyword: Egypt tour
Sample of Broad match modifier keyword: +Egypt +tour

3- What about the Ad groups that Google recommend to me while creating a new Campaign, shall i accept it or what shall i do, and what is its effect side?

Many Thanks in advance

2 Expert replyverified_user
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Hamdi F
September 2015

Re: Need advice for a better performance of the Adwords please

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Good morning - 

Let me see if I can help:

1) There is no answer to this question. How many Ad Groups you include in your campaign depends on how many keywords you have an how you group them.

2) You can certainly use more than one match type on one keyword. While the Modified Broad Match will pull more precise traffic, the original Broad match is likely to attract other searches, some of which may be good for your purposes. I would encourage you to experiment with match types and keep a close eye on your search query report.

3) If the Ad Groups that the software recommends look good, you can accept them. If you don't like how they've grouped the keywords or you have a different organization in mind, you can reject them. The choice is yours.

Theresa
Google AdWords Top Contributor
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi there;

To follow with @Theresa_Zook ;

If you use more than one match type per KW, in the same ad-group, The common practice is to bid higher on the most restrictive match type (e.g. Exact match ), and lower on the "broader" match type;

I, personally,  don't recommend to use the "classic" broad match for the travel industry. I prefer the "broad match modifier" - BMM . The "classic broad" is too broad... - Too many synonyms listed under the it. (E.g "Egypt tour" could also match a search query of "middle east cruise",  while your business is only toursin Egypt.)

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Good morning - 

Let me see if I can help:

1) There is no answer to this question. How many Ad Groups you include in your campaign depends on how many keywords you have an how you group them.

2) You can certainly use more than one match type on one keyword. While the Modified Broad Match will pull more precise traffic, the original Broad match is likely to attract other searches, some of which may be good for your purposes. I would encourage you to experiment with match types and keep a close eye on your search query report.

3) If the Ad Groups that the software recommends look good, you can accept them. If you don't like how they've grouped the keywords or you have a different organization in mind, you can reject them. The choice is yours.

Theresa
Google AdWords Top Contributor
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
Theresa there is absolutely correct everything. But I would like to add some more of my own opinion on your questions.

1. This is an age old question. Every new Adwords user would ask this at some point. And like theresa said there's is no direct answer to that. Instead you should ask yourself this question: what is my business goal? Does making more ad groups help me reach out to more customers that I wasn't previously able to? If yes, then go ahead go ahead and make more ad groups.

2. Yes you can use all 4 types of keywords in one ad group.

3. Usually. For small business I vote AGAINST using google suggestions. From the patterns I have seen, it's usually broad match keywords that are mostly geared towards traffic and CTR, not necessarily towards conversion. Remember Google Adwords is a business and it's out there to get $$ from advertisers. If you work on a small budget i suggest you to be very careful with google suggestion.
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi there;

To follow with @Theresa_Zook ;

If you use more than one match type per KW, in the same ad-group, The common practice is to bid higher on the most restrictive match type (e.g. Exact match ), and lower on the "broader" match type;

I, personally,  don't recommend to use the "classic" broad match for the travel industry. I prefer the "broad match modifier" - BMM . The "classic broad" is too broad... - Too many synonyms listed under the it. (E.g "Egypt tour" could also match a search query of "middle east cruise",  while your business is only toursin Egypt.)

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Many thanks for this precious advices, also please regarding the number of Ads in the Ad group, the best is to make only 1 Ad per Ad group, or does not matter how many Ads i have in the Ad group. Feed me back please about the best way to follow?.

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Hello again;

The answer you will most likely get from most of  the advertisers, is to  have  a number of ads (with a different ad-copies) per ad-group, rotate them evenly;  and after a while,  to evaluate performances, and keep only the best performing ads.