Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Need Your Help on how to improve QS to lower CPC

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi guys,

I've read and analyzed a lot the campaign I run on adwords. Tried to optimize the campaign but failed and need your help on how to improve and lower CPC and maximize the conversion rate as we're faced to great competition in the same niche. Will appreciate a lot any feedback as we own little budget company and would like to spend it wisely and not waste money.

Web-site we're promoting on adwords for over 2 weeks already:

http://goo.gl/xF7jt - A marketplace of Royalty Free Stock Music and Audio

Created a campaign with single adgroup and single ad in it:

Campaign, Ad-group and Ad Title/headline: Royalty Free Music

Description Line 1: Premium Quality Royalty-free Music.

Description Line 2: Find & License Stock Music from $14

Display URL: points to our domain name

Landing page URL: http://goo.gl/pW1VS

We use only exact matching keywords: [royalty free music] and 3 other keywords that almost didn't get impressions (0-25 impr. in 1,5 week) and we're removing them, though they have higher QA (6/10).

The keyword [royalty free music] details and stats:

Max CPC: $1.5; Impr: 3,850; Clicks: 35; CTR: 0.91%; Avg CPC: $1.27; Avg Pos: 4.9

Though the landing page is optimized for the keyword [royalty free music] the QA for this keyword is 4/10 while Ad relevance and other ratings show "average" for all three.

Campaign type is "Search Network only" for only few of those countries that are rights-aware and are mostly supposed to make a purchase rather than looking for free stuff: USA, Canada and a couple of EU countries.

The other issue is that CTR from the landing page to appropriate category listing is 46% that is quite low for very targeted Ad campaign and not as bad Landing Page (as we think :-D).

Questions:

1. Our Ad got very low QA and while we monitor that, it seems it's not going to increase and hence we recieve high CPC and low Ad Avg Position and it gets hard for us to struggle through competition. Should we leave it as is a week or two and hope the QA will increase with time, or have ideas how to improve that?

2. The conversion rate through landing page is pretty low as we feel (i.e. clicks on Browse the Marketplace items on the Landing page. I'm not talking about sign ups or sales, as those are **bleep** low and it seems this topic is not appropriate to discuss). Could the bounce rate be that high through a very targeted campaign? Just a thought of competitors having bots to click on others ads and waste our money :-D

Thanks a lot for your answers and will be happy to hear any kind of suggestions or questions if I've missed something.

1 Expert replyverified_user
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Mini-CM (Community Manager)
September 2015

Re: Need Your Help on how to improve QS to lower CPC

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi George,

1. Positive, that seems to be your best option. 

2. Bounce rate might be high due to most users looking for free downloads while you prominently display on the LP that you want their money. 

Best,

Lakatos

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆

HI

Lakatos has given perfect reply. Here are my thoughts to add to that his reply

• Well you can wait yeah for QS to improve for a few days
  • I am always scared to use word "Free" in adcopy. In my experience just mention of that word and you will get a lot of non serious traffic, try to play around with another adcopy without "Free"

Regards, Nik
LinkedIn  |   @nikhilparachure | My Blog

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi George,

1. Positive, that seems to be your best option. 

2. Bounce rate might be high due to most users looking for free downloads while you prominently display on the LP that you want their money. 

Best,

Lakatos

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆

HI

Lakatos has given perfect reply. Here are my thoughts to add to that his reply

• Well you can wait yeah for QS to improve for a few days
  • I am always scared to use word "Free" in adcopy. In my experience just mention of that word and you will get a lot of non serious traffic, try to play around with another adcopy without "Free"

Regards, Nik
LinkedIn  |   @nikhilparachure | My Blog

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Lakatos,

Thanks for your feedback, really appreciate that!
1. Ok, will leave it and tighten my daily budget till then.
2. Price figure exists in ad-copy. Do you recommend to move it to more noticeable place, like first words of Desc Line 1?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi theniks,

Thanks, I'll take it into the account, but I don't have an idea how to explain the same without "royalty-free" as it is a term.
That's why we made an exact matching of the keyword and included price mentioning in adcopy to avoid these kind of traffic.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi guys,

Need your help. QS lowers and I'm out of idea how to improve it any more.

Ad-copy:
Headline: Buy Royalty Free Music
Desc L1: Prices from $6. Premium Quality
Desc L2: Royalty Free Music. Buy now!
Ladning Page: http://luckstock.com/royalty-free-music

Keyword: [royalty free music] (only exact match, as this keyword has great impressions)
QS: 3/4
Expected click-through rate: below average
ad-relevance: below average
landing page experience: average.

Ad was running for 2,5 weeks with average CPC $1.29, CTR 0.57%, conversion rate of 2% (registered users) and Avg Position 6.8.
Now ad is not showing because of low QS.

How is this possible especially for ad-relevance?
Please heeeelp!