AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2.6K members online now
2.6K members online now
Improve your Google Ads performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Need More Qualified Leads

[ Edited ]
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

Please read the situation below

Keyword Theme- "Ipad Repair"

Using 6-17 Exact & phrase match Keywords.

Targeting to a particular country

Conversion setup- 1- Installed Call Tracking ( not Google forwading no)   2- Google analytic Goals when user visit contact us page ( no contact form, address, maps, Phone is given on that page).

Now, we are geeting Good clicks and everything seems fine in adwords, but getting less calls  (as per client). My problem is that I can't exactly track which keywords gives most of the call as above conversion data do not gives clear idea due to two reason -

1- I can't rely on Analytic goals as it only show conversion when some visit contact us page ( he may not call)

2- Call tracking is Good and I can trust its conversion, but both conversion data is showing together for any keywords. I can't identify which conversion statics is of Call tracking & which one of from analytic.

Since, there are some more campaign which use both conversion data, so I can't disable analytic.

So, what should I do? Can I check the separate conversion data for both type of conversion at keyword lavel?

Main Goal is - CALL.   I have already call extension setup and even given in some ads.

Let me know th best practice in this situation.

Thank you

2 Expert replyverified_user
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Zee (Community Manager)
September 2015

Re: Call Tracking

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Anil_Singh

You are correct . You need Google's call forwarding, or a 3rd party service for call forwarding.

Read also this discussion:

Conversions dropped badly after implementing phone call tracking system

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Re: Need More Qualified Leads

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hello Anil,

I can think of few alternatives for you which you might consider implementing inside Adwords:

1. Call Extensions for your Google ads. It's an excellent way of driving more phone calls for your client. If you are advertising for US, UK client, you might also try Google forwarding number because this will help you in going towards the ad group level to check which ad group is driving more phone calls for you. You can check the Phone call details under Dimensions tab for that.

2. I am not sure why you have a goal set for users visiting contact us page. There is no guarantee that any user who visit this page will give you a phone call. My advice would be to include a contact form and then measure the amount of people who fill the form and reach contact thanks page. This should be your Goal set.

3. You might think of creating a separate mobile website in order to drive more phone calls for your client. Additionally, you can create WAP Mobile ads for your client and give users a direct option of phone call.

4. Lastly, there are 3rd party tools available which gives you in indepth details of keyword level phone call tracking for your clients. You can opt for Mongoose Metrics if you want.

Hope that helps!

Pankaj

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Re: Call Tracking

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Anil_Singh

You are correct . You need Google's call forwarding, or a 3rd party service for call forwarding.

Read also this discussion:

Conversions dropped badly after implementing phone call tracking system

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Re: Need More Qualified Leads

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hello Anil,

I can think of few alternatives for you which you might consider implementing inside Adwords:

1. Call Extensions for your Google ads. It's an excellent way of driving more phone calls for your client. If you are advertising for US, UK client, you might also try Google forwarding number because this will help you in going towards the ad group level to check which ad group is driving more phone calls for you. You can check the Phone call details under Dimensions tab for that.

2. I am not sure why you have a goal set for users visiting contact us page. There is no guarantee that any user who visit this page will give you a phone call. My advice would be to include a contact form and then measure the amount of people who fill the form and reach contact thanks page. This should be your Goal set.

3. You might think of creating a separate mobile website in order to drive more phone calls for your client. Additionally, you can create WAP Mobile ads for your client and give users a direct option of phone call.

4. Lastly, there are 3rd party tools available which gives you in indepth details of keyword level phone call tracking for your clients. You can opt for Mongoose Metrics if you want.

Hope that helps!

Pankaj