2.4K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Need Help in Suggested Bidding and Average CPC

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

I had found some keywords related to my business which has the suggested bid of more than $10. I need to know what will be the average CPC I have to spent for those keywords.

Looking forward to all your help..

2 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Binesh C
December 2015

Re: Need Help in Suggested Bidding and Average CPC

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star
It depend on where you want to show your ads. If you want a top place you will have to pay more. there is no way to know whats the "Exact" avg amount you will have to pay. By using keyword planner you can get a simple idea. But I would suggest you to bid the maxium amount you'd like that goes around suggested bid and see what are the avg position you going to get

Rising Star
# 3
Rising Star
Hi Binesh,

Your average CPC is also affected by the Quality score of your keywords which further depends on:
expected CTR(account history is important)
relevancy(ads and keywords)
Landing page experience(load time content quality, relevancy with the ads)
Better the QS, lesser the CPC for that particular position of ads.

So always optimize to get the best QS.

Regards
Archit, AdWords Rising Star, Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
Thanks for the reply.

Just a scenario, Assume the quality score for the keywords are more than 7 what will be the CPC you will suggest for achieve the first three ad position.

Regards,
Binesh

[ Edited ]
Rising Star
# 5
Rising Star

CPC is not pre-defined for any particular position. It depends on the geographic targeting, number of competitors for that particular keyword in that location.
How a good QS helps:

Ad position/rank is calculated using:
your bid amount, the components of Quality Score (expected clickthrough rate, ad relevance, and landing page experience), and the expected impact of extensions and other ad formats.

So if you QS is good and you are using ad extensions then you will need to pay less for that particular position.

Answer for your scenario, if you and me are competing for the same keyword in a particular location and you have used ad extensions and QS is 7 but I have not used and ad extensions and my QS is 6 then ofcourse you will pay less for 1st position and I will pay more.

Regards
Archit, AdWords Rising Star, Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 6
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
Thanks again. Smiley Happy