Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Need Help in Campaign Optimization

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello...

I am new to AdWords, and want to optimize my campaign for better results in concern of leads. Please suggest me how to make effective campaign and ads.

I shall be highly obliged.

Anand Vishwakarma
4 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Need Help in Campaign Optimization

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello avish,

I think the best practices have to be followed which most of the advertisers does in terms of campaigns, ads, keywords, ROI etc...

I would point you towards a very useful link which contains various articles on specific topics like ROI, text ads, organizing your account etc...Kindly refer to this reference and read it thoroughly to make the best out of your campaigns.

Happy Reading and let us know if that helps!

Pankaj

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi,

As you are new to Adwords i would like to suugest below important points:

>> Try to start with just Google search.  Opt out of both the display network and search partners until you have some experience.

>> Get familiar with the relationship between keyword match types and search queries.  

>>do analysis and search relevant keywords via Google keyword tool.

>>Which match type you want to use according to your budget?

>>You can check your competitors, how they are working and then prepare your strategy accordingly.

>>Create innovative ad copies which describe your product in best way.

>> Choose relevant landing page for better ROI.

Once you have done with that then you can start further and can create your first campaign.

Kindly visit this link to know How to Organizing campaigns, Adgroups and create relevent ads in your account.

When organizing your account, keep these strategies in mind:

• Organize your campaigns by topic. 
    • Target the right languages and locations.
    • Create highly specific ad groups. 
    • Avoid duplicate keywords across ad groups. 

Kindly go through with this Article Too.

Hope it will help!

Thanks
      Anchal

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hello avish,

Welcome to the community.

Without seeing your account, advising you how to optimise your campaign would be a lengthy topic but I am sure we can assist you with the most important points.

Relevancy is one of the biggest factors to running a successful AdWords campaign. It is important that you group relevant keywords together in tightly themed ad groups which then have ads containing relevant descriptions to the keyword list you have built. The keywords and ads then need to be accompanied with a landing page which is also relevant to the theme. This practice not only helps improve your quality score (which in turn will eventually lower costs and improve ad rank) but it will help the client's consumer experience which then increases your chance of generating a lead. 

This link actually teaches you how to optimise various aspects of your account; I recommend reading through the material and then trying out the "elearning" activities as they are well put together.

Having a well built campaign is a good and necessary start but over time you will need to analyse how everything is performing and make changes based on what you discover. If you identify that certain keywords are draining your budget without generating leads then you need to make a decision on whether you want to stop running your ads on those particular keywords, if you notice that one of your ads in an ad group isn't performing as well as the other ad variations then you will need to try to improve it in an attempt to beat the performance of the other variations; it is examples like these which will help you continue to optimise your campaign from a statistical point of view. A lot of AdWords is about split testing and finding what does and doesn't work in achieving your marketing goals, if you keep checking the incoming data and acting upon your analysis then you will fine tune your campaign into a successful form of marketing.

One final tip for now based on the information above is to make use of the "Search Terms" facility in your campaign. If you go to your Keywords tab, then click on the Keyword details drop down menu and hit All you will be provided with a list of search terms which have triggered your ads according to the keywords you have included within your campaign. I suggest setting an appropriate date range and then going through this list to weed out the irrelevant terms into negative keywords and include those search terms which are generating leads for you. You can actually go down the list and make use of the check box beside each keyword to the left side of the page and then Add as keyword or Add as negative keyword depending on what you want to do.

As mentioned your question is a broad one so it's hard to cover everything but I suggest that you check out the AdWords Help Centre, the Community User Articles and also ask any specific questions you have or anything you need explaining. I'm sure other members of the community will give you great tips also.

ScottyD, AdWords Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks Pankaj and Anchal. Yeah, I am studying for the same, but practically its bit tough to implement. One request to both of you, can you plz make me a campaign (with 2-3 ads). We are a financial advisory firm provides trading recommendations on stocks traded in Singapore Exchange (SGX).

I'll be greatly obliged your valuable support.

Thanks,

Anand

Anand Vishwakarma

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Hello Avish,

First of all I would like to welcome you in the forum!! Smiley Happy

Avish Wrote:

I am new to AdWords, and want to optimize my campaign for better results in concern of leads. Please suggest me how to make effective campaign and ads.

I would like to add here, before planning optmization, you need to analyze your campaigns in every aspect. Few unavoidable steps that is very important in my opinion are:

> Analyze Search query report - This is very important report when you run campaign on Search Network. Regular search query helps you weed out negative queries and you can also look into positive keywords that you can add in your adgroups and can assign them individual bid.

> Impression Share: This is another very important report, here you can see impressions you are covering among all available impressions for you campaigns/adgroups. You can also analyze by looking into Lost IS Rank & Lost Is budget why you are loosing on impressions. If it is coz of Adrank, you need to improve QS & CTR. It it's coz of Lost IS budget, you need to improve on your budgets.

> Exact Match Impression Share: this is another important metrics, higher the exact match impression share better the relationship between your keywords and search queries. This plays an important role while calculating QS.

> Campaign Structure: First you need to check if the settings are correct. Make sure you are not targeting search and display network in same campaign. Then you need to check you are targeting right audience by tageting right Location & Language. 

Adgroups should be thighly themed so that you can target specific adcopies with specific landing page which helps you in terms of relevancy. Very very important is to make relevancy between keywords and search queries that triggers your ads.

Add enticing adcopies with clear message and strong call to action. It is great if you can top performing from your adgroup in adcopy. You need to be careful when  you add keywords in adcopy because adcopy should look highly relevant to user search query. After user see your adcopy only and then landing page. you can even use keywords in display url, this also enhance your adcopy. Choose appropraite landing page that takes user to what they seeing in adcopy.  Keep testing new adcopies in campaign.

Keep the bids fair enough, you can get idea from first page bid estimates about the bids. Check Avg. Position on regular basis and make necesary bid changes.

It is better to start with all avaiable match types nd over a certain period of time, analyze search query and make a decision on which works best.

If you are running display network, look in placement report and negative unprofitable placments and add profitable as managed placemnt and assign individual bid.

these are some general observations I have tried to pointed out. The link Pankaj has been added is great when it comes to improve campaign.

Hope is helps in someway! Smiley Happy

EDIT: Oops I am late, you already got great suggestions Smiley Happy

Thanks

Neha

Neha Gupta, AdWordsTop Contributor Follow Me: My Blog | Twitter | Google+ | LinkedIn
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

[ Edited ]
Zee Community Manager
Community Manager
# 7
Zee Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi avish,

Thank you for your question. Please feel free to share more account information in order for the experts to help you to improve your performance.

Here are some useful AdWords Community account improvement tips to learn from:

What is the way to increase conversions? - Chris' ultra sound equipment business

How to improve AdWords CTR and reduce CPCs? - Ernest's Speciality Signs and Printing business

How to get the best ROI? - Glen's Van Insurance business

Zee
G+

[ Edited ]
Google Employee
# 8
Google Employee

To try and optimise the account for leads, I would recommend that you make sure you have conversion tracking enabled in your account and have Analytics code inserted into your website. This will allow you to track how users aer interacting with your site and which keywords and ads have led to the most conversions in your account. 

Hope this helps!

A.