Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Need Advivse for SKU level keywords

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello all,this is my first post and.

I'm managing big ecommerce site with 100k+ products. I have General campaigns and Product category campaigns with SKU keywords(phrase and exact) both versions with final url at keyword level.My SKUs are batteries.

Which setup will be better - mod.broad match(broad match) or phrase match version of the keyword and final url to the category and exact version with final url at keyword level or both with final url at keyword level ?

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Need Advivse for SKU level keywords

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi there,
I'm having a little but of trouble understanding what you're trying to do here, everything was all just on one big line Smiley Happy

I manage similar sized accounts so will be glad to help once you clarify for me.

You might also want to change your username. It violates the community guidelines.

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor
I see your name has been changed. Cool!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
My targeted keywords are phrase and exact SKUs (for example: BTP-39SN) with final url to the exact product or products.

1.Am I limiting the users this way?
2.Will be better to have final url only on the exact match version?
3.Do I need separate campaign targeting the SKUs with modifier like : +battery +BTP-39SN ?

My overall goal is to increase conversions of course, so if you have any suggestions how to setup my campaigns, I will be glad to hear them. Smiley Happy

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Hi @PavelHristov,

As far as landing pages go, the more closely matched to the users' search query the better so where you've got a SKU as a Keyword I'd definitely still go with having Keyword level URLs directing clicks to a product page showing just that battery.  If I know I'm looking for an ABC123 battery, it's a great landing page that shows me ABC123 batteries with a big "Buy Now" button.

If you're only using Exact matches you'll almost certainly be limiting your customers.  An old search dog like me will probably just enter "ABC123" as the search term, expecting it to be enough, but a lot of people will add other words like "buy", "online", "new", "bulk", "packs", etc.  So for some of your products it'll be useful to have some broader matches.  However, with 100k products, it's going to be important to pick and choose.  The Pareto Principle will apply here as much as anywhere (https://www.en.advertisercommunity.com/t5/Articles/Keywords-and-the-Pareto-Principle/ba-p/462688) and I'm betting the vast majority of your Keywords return very little so it's very important to concentrate on those that do.

What I'd do is manage the situation with scripts.  I'd pick the top 100 (random number) performers in terms of performance (some equation based upon ROI and number of conversions), then automatically expand these to use broader terms in specific Ad Groups and/or Campaigns.  I'd monitor these new targets and remove them if they fail to perform, running this script on (probably) a weekly basis.

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits