Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Need Advice for PPC Keywords

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

I'm running mobile apps related ads on Google Adwords. I have some doubts regarding the keywords. "I'm using 18 keywords for my campaign. Is it  enough for that or i need to add more relevant keywords?  Please any once advice to me?

Advance Thanks,

Manikandan

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Need Advice for PPC Keywords

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Manikandan,

There really is no "right" or "wrong" number of Keywords for any Account; the number you use is the number that are needed to achieve your marketing goals and that could be anything from a single Keyword to several million.

If this is your first Campaign, my only advice would be to keep your Keyword lists tightly focused and not try to cover all possible search terms.  Aim for the ones that are most likely to be relevant to your product, run these for a while then used the Search terms report to look for additional Keywords and matching options.

If you're happy with the 18 Keywords you have, I'd run with those for now and then examine the data over the next couple of weeks.

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Great Advice Jon. Thanks for your response.

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

If you can group those 18 keywords in one or more relevant groupings, then do it. You can also make new ad groups for keyword groups that work well together for a text ad with DKI. If not, then you can either add more related keywords, or pause or remove under performing keywords.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks George. I will do right away...