Hello All

I need advice on the below campaign scenario:

Running 12 different campaigns with:

1. Each campaign have same keywords but
  2. Each campaign have different placements

For example:

Keywords in all campaigns: Coupons, coupon, discounts, promo codes

Placements in campaign 1: gmail.com

Placements in campaign 2: indiatimes.com and so on...

My question is: will my keywords conflict with each other though placements targeted are different.

Will wait for replies.

Thanks

1 Expert replyverified_user
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Rohan B
September 2015

Re: Need Advice: Targetting Placements + Keywords

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

No; Assuming that you choose "target and bid",  the keywords in each campaign work collectively  to define a theme, which is matched to relevant (content) pages within the placements you pick. 

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

Rohan;

Yes. A display campaign - my experience- takes some time to "take off" and reach "steady state".

However; another reason could be using too many targeting methods.  I would not use more than two targeting methods and by that   narrowing / limiting  the reach / impressions  (I usually go with keywords plus one additional  targeting method)

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

No; Assuming that you choose "target and bid",  the keywords in each campaign work collectively  to define a theme, which is matched to relevant (content) pages within the placements you pick. 

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
They will conflict only you have choosen "Bid Only" while adding placement, other wise not if choose "Target & Bid".

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

On the display network,  since keywords work collectively as a theme, I would not say they would compete. The keywords (in the different campaigns)  would work simultaneously, but separately. 

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Thanks MosheTLV & Anil

Yes! you assumed right we are using target & bid.

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 6
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
One more I would like to add here.

Are content network based campaign take much time to get to their full peaks in terms of clicks and impressions?

Like I said above, we created content based campaigns, unlike search campaigns, these content network based campaigns are taking more than usual to get into auction though our bid is 3 times higher than usual and budget is somewhat equivalent to unlimited per day.

Thanks
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

Rohan;

Yes. A display campaign - my experience- takes some time to "take off" and reach "steady state".

However; another reason could be using too many targeting methods.  I would not use more than two targeting methods and by that   narrowing / limiting  the reach / impressions  (I usually go with keywords plus one additional  targeting method)

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 8
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Hey! Moshe

Hope you are doing great!

I have one question for you.

Since last week, though we raised our bid 3 times the previous ones. And our placements shows impressions/clicks day on day.

But every hour I check the status of my top placements by hovering my mouse over the bubble. It shows:

"You don't have enough Google AdSense pageviews yet to diagnose the combination of your current campaign settings and targeting criteria. What can I do?"

I am unable to get the same. I escalated this to Google many a times since last week but no satisfactory reply.

My number of clicks went down as compared to previous 3 months i.e from the same placements we got good number of clicks.

Do you have any idea that why this is happening?

And the same problem is across all my campaigns and all placements. Every time I point my mouse pointer to check the status it shows the same 'NO' message.

I have searched this same problem in every thread, but only increase in a bid is the answer. And that I have already did.

I am afraid this might be a Google internal system problem or somewhat other.

Looking forward to hear from you.

Thanks
Rohan

Top Contributor
# 9
Top Contributor

@Rohan;
This message usually means that your ad wins an auction on the display, but you don't have the banner size to fit the slot /position on a given webpage.

Do you have in your ad-group banners in all  sizes / formats eligible on the display network?

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 10
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Hey Moshe,

We have all image ad sizes plus text ads in our adgroup.

Will wait for your reply...