AdWords
4.3K members online now
4.3K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

My keywords have no impressions and clicks, but my site has a lot more. How come?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hey Community,

I have adwords for a partial information site and partial webshop. My keywords have no impressions and clicks at all, but my site has a little more than 1 million impressions and a little more than 3000 clicks. But i dont know what search words has been used to create these impressions and clicks. 

My keywords are between 1-3 words each, some examples of keywords: "management coaching", "book customer service" and "customer service programme", and the max. CPC is £0.01. I have 20 different keywords.

Allmost none of the 3000 clicks have converted to a purchase, so the users must be lead to the website with non-relevant keywords??

//AJytzler

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: My keywords have no impressions and clicks, but my site has a lot more. How come?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello and welcome,

When you go to the Main Campaigns Tab and look for the summary stats (Total all enabled campaigns), do you see any statistics updated there?

There might be a slight possibility that the impressions and clicks you are refering to here may have been recorded by Google Display Network. In order to cross check that, go to campaign settings and see which Network have you selected ( Search, Display or both)?  http://support.google.com/adwords/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=1722050

Let us know if that helps!

Pankaj

Re: My keywords have no impressions and clicks, but my site has a lot more. How come?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hey Pankaj,

thanks for the fast response :-)

I can see under settings that "Networks" is set to "All". Should i edit this? And what does this mean? Is it the refferals from ads shown on other similar websites?

I took a screenshot for you to see of the main campaign window. I hope it will show you what you need to know.

http://www.ajytzler.dk/pics/adwordsproblem.png

//AJytzler

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author AJytzler
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hello again,

As per your screenshot, all the clicks are from Google Display Network as I mentioned above. Google Display Network is a big network of Google, wherein your ads are shown on various partner websites depending upon the keywords, placements, topics etc you choose. Read more about it in this article.

As per the best practices, it is always recommended to have separate campaigns for Search and Display Network. So I think you should separate them out and then target your users. This is because the way users interact on both networks (Search and Display Networks) is different and you should expect different results on both platforms.

You can also read this informative article on how to structure your Adwords account.

Best of Luck!

Pankaj

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Again; thanks a lot for your time, i really appreciate it. I will go through these articles and find the best strategy for my AdWords campaign.

What do you think about the £0.01 max. CPC? Is it too low?

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

AJytzler wrote:

Again; thanks a lot for your time, i really appreciate it. I will go through these articles and find the best strategy for my AdWords campaign.

What do you think about the £0.01 max. CPC? Is it too low?

There is no hard and fast rule to go about the bidding for Display Network, but you have to start with pretty competitive bid so that you can get your presence there. Of course other factors do matter like Quality Score, Ad relevancy etc...You might  consider looking at Contextual targeting tool for suggested ad group bid. £0.01 would be pretty low to start with.  

Best of Luck!

Pankaj