AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
4.2K members online now
4.2K members online now
Improve your Google Ads performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

My impresions have escalated over the last 60 days.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

My impressions have escalated over the last 60 days. This has began to have adverse affect on click through and avg position. Any one have any thoughts why the impression would go up 60 to 80% with no edits to the campaign?

I am seeing this on multiple capaigns that I manage.

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: My impresions have escalated over the last 60 days.

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
Hello Ro,

That is an excellent question and there are a number of different things it could be. Having made no changes to the campaign, I would first recommend segmenting your campaigns by Network (with Search Partners) and see if the increase in impressions is happening on Google Search or its Search Partners (assuming these are Search campaigns). I often see an increase in Search Partner impressions with e-commerce clients.

If that's not the case, I would recommend identifying the top 10 keywords where impressions have increased so you can narrow down your focus and try uncovering the issue. Maybe it's even just a couple keywords causing this change. Check the search term report and see if new terms are triggering impressions that weren't previously. Add them as negatives if they aren't related to your business or put them in another ad group if you could write better targeted ads for those terms.

Those are the two places I would look first. If you don't uncover any insights there please let me know and I can provide more ideas.

Hope that helps!

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor
Hi Ro,

Welcome to Adwords community Smiley Happy

Can you please provide some more information so that we can able to provide solutions, which network is your campaigns targeted, whether it is search network or display?
--Rakesh Kumar, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Agree with Rakesh on that. Without further concrete info -there could be numerous speculations...
Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’