AdWords
5K members online now
5K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

My first re-marketing campaign is set-up, what next?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have a modest re-marketing campaign running.  

My goals are to simply learn 1. re-marketing functions, and, 2. optimization.

From Campaign > Ad Group > Display NW > Interests & Remarketing <-- I see my lists.  

The results after about two weeks are: 66,00 impressions and 77 clicks.  I have six audiences set-up.  Every site visitor is eligible for remarketing.  

Where do I go from here?  I cannot identify the right next steps, even after checking various support page and videos.

Re: My first re-marketing campaign is set-up, what next?

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Are you using different art assets or marketing language for your ads? I've found that A/B testing (or even C) with different artwork and/or marketing tags, and then seeing if one set performs better than others is very effective. It's often surprising to see what customers respond to.

Also, I don't know what the nature of your business is, but I've found it's helpful to use your remarketing lists in a manner than moves customers along a buying chain. In my case, I work at a theatre that produces plays. I have a remarketing list for people who are interested in buying tickets to one play. Once that play has finished I then move that remarketing list to a campaign that advertises packages of plays. I've seen fantastic conversion rates. 

Finally, do you have conversion tracking set up? Are you able to see how many of those retargeting people who clicked on your ads went on to buy something?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Patient,

I had to suspend my re-marketing campaign, while I wait for new image ads to be produced.

But, I have a question: what do your remarketing lists look like?  This is a mystery to me.  Can you show me a sample? perhaps through e-mail?  Block out any confidential info, of course.

Chris 

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

You don't get identifying information. Just a total number of how many people have been collected. 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Ok.

So, I open the Ad Group where I have set-up Remarkietng, then click on Display Network, and then on Interests & Remarketing, I can see the number of clicks on my ads.  Is this what you were referring to when you wrote "total number of how many people have been collected"?  

(Assuming the expiration on ad exposure of remarketed ads, that I established in Settings, has some input to this definition.)

THANK YOU,

Chris