2.1K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

My first campaign- Needs Suggestions

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I've created my first Google Adwords campaign recenlty and it has been a month. I did that for a friend to see how it goes. 

I just want to know whehter the campaign I created has potential to improve or not?

To give you an idea, I have following results for a month:

Budget for a month:     $3500

Impressions          :      450,000

Click                    :     10150

Keywords             :     75

QS for each keyword :  10/10 for 98%  of the keywords - Others - 8/10

Country                    : Australia

Netowork                   : Search network only

AVG; POS                 : 4.2

ROI                          : $10,000 in Sales.

So I was just wondering can it be imporved more? or how about adding Display network? Would it increase in sales?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: My first campaign- Needs Suggestions

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

There are many things that can be done:

1.  What margin is made on the sales?  Is this campaign making a profit?  this opens up a whole new series of actions.

2.  Are you tracking conversions? Look at which matched search queries are delivering results and those that are not.

3.  What is the conversion rate into leads or online sales?  Can this be improved?

4.  Current CTR is 2.2% there should be scope to improve.  Are you split testing ad copy. Which ad copy is driving conversions.

5. What is the performance on various devices.  How should you modify bidding accordingly

6. What days & times are driving conversions.  How can you adjust to maximise peak buying times

7. What is impression share, are you missing out on impressions because set to standard delivery time.

8. Remarketing, have you set this up.  Can be very effective.

The list goes on and on.  I always maximise search before moving on to display.

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi

I agree with the said above;

• I would first work on ad-copy to improve CTR; 
  • What about conversions? Do users who click also convert?
  • I also strongly recommend to set  re-marketing campaign.
Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Impressions share is 97.8%.
Yes the campaign is making profit otherwise would have not continued.
Not tracking the conversions as site is still new and still adding products. But the response is quite good in terms of orders, sales and calls.

What is Remarketing? I think it is for Dispaly network?

And I totally agree with you over that first need to optimise capmain for search network and they proceed further!

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

@Mohsin A

Remarketing is an excellent tool to target users who click on your ad, visit your site, and continue to browse the Google display network;

Read more:

Using remarketing to reach people who visited your site

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 6
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Sounds like you are off to a great start, profitable with no tracking.

If you have hit budget and quality scores are all looking good, then increasing CTR wont neccesarily get you a better result.

You have two main areas you can work on:

1.  Improve the quality of the traffic

2.  Increase the number of clicks coming through

Improve quality:

• Look at the % of traffic coming from broad match keywords - I like to have min 90% coming from Exact, Phrase & BM+
  • Review analytics data on how sticky your keywords & MSQ are, look for low time on site & high bounce rates
  • Whilst you are Analytics setup some goals - to track key pages ie: contact us, shopping cart pages
  • Until you get tracking setup you can use some indicators
  • add a negative keyword list

Increase traffic:

• Targeting 75 keywords to begin with
  • MSQ should identify some others
  • Look at adding some new threads (with some of your savings from above step)
  • Look at getting lowest CPC for these keywords

Remarketing allows you to target to all site visitors (not just adwords traffic) that have completed certain actions on the site.  This might include abandoned shopping cart, visited key catagory pages of highest margin products etc.  You can define multiple lists for each action, and only your lists can see advertising across the display network.  Very targeted offers generally have lowest CPA's across display network.  Users also feel that your brand is much bigger, with ads everywhere.