Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

My conversions dropped badly

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi guys,

Everytime there is an upgrade my sales/conversions drops badly and increases in a week or 2 to normal but when the enhanced campaiged is added my rate per conversions dropped and for 2 weeks I had drop of 40% of sales altough I was still opted for Legacy campaign. Can anyone exlpain ? Anyway I found the CTR dropped badly plus the automated bidding option using EPC is experiencing expensive clicks (woud say 2 twice expensive) . I am running campaign for the past 2 years and this time its really bad.

regards,

nava.s

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: My conversions dropped badly

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello nava and welcome,

nava wrote:

Hi guys,

Everytime there is an upgrade my sales/conversions drops badly and increases in a week or 2 to normal but when the enhanced campaiged is added my rate per conversions dropped and for 2 weeks I had drop of 40% of sales altough I was still opted for Legacy campaign. Can anyone exlpain ? Anyway I found the CTR dropped badly plus the automated bidding option using EPC is experiencing expensive clicks (woud say 2 twice expensive) . I am running campaign for the past 2 years and this time its really bad.

regards,

nava.s

Can you clarfiy if you are using Enhanced campaign where the conversions dropped or are you using the legacy campaign where this impact is visible?

I believe you are using automated bidding with enhanced CPC option? Let me know it this isn't the case here.

In case of automatic bidding, you don't have full control over your CPC and the Adwords system will do the changes on your behalf. It is best suited for advertisers who don't have time to optimize their campaigns.

If you are looking to increase the CTR, conversions etc...better option would be to shift towards manual CPC bidding. That's my suggestion only. Of course you will have to analyse all aspects before taking the decision. If you can devote time on daily basis to your campaigns, optimize them by working on the keywords, ad copies, bidding , ad scheduling etc...to name few, then you should definitely think about manual bidding.

I would also encourage you to read this reference and understand the bidding options: 

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2472725?hl=en

Hope that helps!

Pankaj