AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
1.9K members online now
1.9K members online now
Improve your Google Ads performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

My average CPC increase significantly

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have AdSense for YouTube. I normally make around $45-50 per day, average around 18,000 views per day, and make about $0.06 per click. Suddenly on 9/27/2016 my CPC jumped to $0.28 and I made $255 in one day; the number of views and CTR stayed more or less the same. On 9/28/2016 everything returned back to average. It also appears that all the extra earnings were from a single video, but the number of views on that video was not dramatically increased.

Does anyone have any idea how this happened?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hello @Paul B

Sounds like it might be a technical error if it occurred suddenly on one day then stopped happening after that.

What you actually get paid is the check they cut, not what it says in the account as the expected earnings. 

Hope that helps!

Nick

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

We saw some AdWords clients' YouTube campaigns grossly overspend on some channels that one day, Sep 27th. Since then those and some other YT campaigns are grossly under-spending. Looks like the system self adjusted into "conservative mode." And has a feel of a technical error imo.

Julia Muller,
AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the 'Best Answer.’ Learn how here.