AdWords
4K members online now
4K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

My adwords advertisement directs people to my Trip Advisor profile not my website

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

How can i see my add and where it is linking or directing people to?

1 Expert replyverified_user

My adwords advertisement directs people to my Trip Advisor profile not my website

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @DJ P,

Your ad use the landing page URL that you assign to each ad when you created them. Everything with your AdWords account is in your full control at all times. 

To see your ads, open AdWords and click on the Ads tab. You will see all of your ads and you can click on each one and see what landing page URL you gave each of them.

You can also click on the Dimensions tab and then change the view to Final URL and change it to Destination URL and see that info. You should go through all of the Dimensions' views and explore. 

You can also create a report to see the landing page URL of your ads. Click on Reports at the top of the page, then +Report, and then Final URL. You should go through all of the Reports and explore.

Kind Regards,

James 

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi James.

Thanks for the info. Where is the Dimensions Tab? i can't see it on my Dash board or my Add information. Im also confused how i can see my add. I use my search phrases in a google search and i can't see the add, also on some searches my trip advisor profile shows. My URL assigned is my Website. <edited by a Community Manager as noted below>

This post has been edited by a Community Manager, per Community Posting Guidelines.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Regards, Perry.

Re: My adwords advertisement directs people to my Trip Advisor profile not my website

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Hi @DJ P,

You are welcome. 

Are you sure you are using Google AdWords?

Could it be that you are using AdWords Express instead? 

This is the dashboard for Google AdWords... and the features within it where you manage your campaigns. Of course, I have blacked out sensitive data since this is a live account of mine for a client with data I cannot reveal publicly. It will still work for this purpose. Look at the red arrows for Ads and Dimensions tab, along with other features of an active campaign.

adwords dashboard.jpg

Further, you do not search for your ads on Google Search. What is your intention when you find them?

• Just look at them and move on... which will bring your CTR and other quality metrics down. 
  • Click on them and then close it... which brings down your quality score and costs you money.
  • There is really nothing good you can do or achieve by hunting for your ads, nothing. 

You can see your ads with the Ads tab... or by using the Ad Preview & Diagnosis tool (located in the top menu under Tools).

Further, why are you bringing up that some of your searches brings up your trip advisor profile? Google AdWords has absolutely nothing to do with organic SERPs (search engine result pages). You are mixing two different worlds and one does not effect the other. 

Kind Regards,

James

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi James. 

Yes i am using Adwords Express, sorry for the confusion. 

I really just want to see the add so i know it is there, how can i verify it? I'm confused because a friend searched for my add but a direct link to my trip advisor profile for my boat was on screen, not my add!? I'm not mixing anything, I'm just telling you what i see.

Help please.

Thanks Perry.

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author DJ P
January 2017

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

Hi @DJ P,

AdWords Express is an entirely different product, so you need to start a new help request in the AdWords Express community, which is next door. Click this link and we can start a thread regarding AdWords Express there.

To answer your question about a Google Search that brings up a direct link versus your ad... let's review.

When you run ads on Google Search, they show up based on your daily budget, targeting methods, ad content, website content and the dynamic search query that is matched per the Google algorithm. Ads will not always be seen.... yet any organic listings in the SERPs will. Your ads have no effect on what shows organically. And organic listings are a great thing, since someone searched, saw a link to something to do with you, then clicked through. If trip advisor shows up in the organic SERPs instead of your website, it means their website has a stronger SEO score or ranking. Again, this has nothing to do with your ads. This is where you are mixing things, as you seem to want your ads to control what shows up in the listings. Your ads will never do this. You would need to remove your trip advisor profile (which would be a terrible step for you) or improve your website for better organic listings by researching SEO techniques. There is nothing we can discuss with ad placement that interacts or intersects with organic listings, nothing.

With that said, hardly any ad is shown 24/7, since most budgets cannot afford that and the ad system would not achieve much by doing so. Again, they show up based on your daily budget, targeting methods, ad content, website content and the dynamic search query that is matched per the Google algorithm. And then you have to factor in competitors, which might bid $12.00 and you might only bid $1.50. But again, to discuss your ad performance requires discussing AdWords Express... and we are discussing this in the AdWords community... so we are off-topic and confusing the subjects.

Please use my link above to make a new inquiry regarding AdWords Express... and refrain from mixing organic listings with paid placements to gain the best help and understanding.

Kind Regards,

James  

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi James. Thanks for the detailed information. I have a much better understanding of how the process works now.

Regards.

Perry.