AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
3.6K members online now
3.6K members online now
Improve your Google Ads performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

My ad position is going very high day by day

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi, i am managing adwords of a health care company, a week ago i have changed my bidding option to Enhanced CPC, later on my avg. Position has gone to 5 from 1.2, can you please tell me why this happened? CTR is average, ad relavance is above average, and landing page relavance is above average in total it has a Quality score of 7/10.

Please Explain

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author SIva K
October 2016

Re: My ad position is going very high day by day

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Did anything else change in your account? Or was the only change that you added Enhanced CPC? Its not uncommon for Enhanced CPC to throw things off some for a week or so. The system is doing work and learning from the data. I would be willing to bet that it would stabilize - and eventually become a helpful tool.

If nothing else has changed in your account, I would sit tight and watch it over the next week or 2. If it continues to perform poorly, then you have more of a reason for concern.

View solution in original post

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Hi,

Have there been any significant changes in the number of conversions you're receiving and/or your cost per conversion? Ultimately those are the metrics you want to optimize for, so it's possible that even though your Avg. Position is worse, those metrics are now better, and that would be a good thing.

For example, Google may be bidding less for keywords that aren't likely to bring you conversions (which is part of Enhanced CPC bidding), and that might make your Avg. Position worse without actually reducing the number of conversions you get.

Best,

John

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

HI John,

Thanks for the reply, I have seen a huge drop in Conversions, and my Avg CPC has come down by 50%.

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author SIva K
October 2016

Re: My ad position is going very high day by day

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Did anything else change in your account? Or was the only change that you added Enhanced CPC? Its not uncommon for Enhanced CPC to throw things off some for a week or so. The system is doing work and learning from the data. I would be willing to bet that it would stabilize - and eventually become a helpful tool.

If nothing else has changed in your account, I would sit tight and watch it over the next week or 2. If it continues to perform poorly, then you have more of a reason for concern.

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi,

First you have to ask your client the objective of your campaign.. if they are looking for click/traffic perhaps you should choose 'maximize traffic' in bid strategy... if they are looking for conversion you can choose either eCPC or CPA, give some time for Adwords system for its 'learning' process, for you to know eCPC might auto bid your max CPC by 30%.. this probably why your position become 1.2..

Which better between eCPC and CPA ? this topic is debate-able.... which can we discuss in other topic