3.8K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

My Youtube search ads are no longer showing for relevant keywords

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Before Google launched the enhanced campaigns in the summer, we advertised our products on YouTube search very successfully. Our YouTube video was showing up for a large number of relevant keywords and we received good conversions from this.

Since the enhanced campaign launch, our YouTube videos have not been showing for any keywords I search for including our any of our own brand keywords. Is anyone else experiencing problems when trying to advertise on YouTube search?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: My Youtube search ads are no longer showing for relevant keywords

Google Employee
# 2
Google Employee

Hi Neil,

Thank you for your posting. Regarding your question about your Youtube campaigns issue, have you considered using Display Planner to find relevant keywords? If your not familiar with Display Planner, you can find it under the Tools and Analysis menu in your Adwords Account. 

There's also a great community thread that has explanations and tips on how to use Display Planner here: https://www.en.adwords-community.com/t5/From-the-Community-Team/Display-Planner-Share-your-best-prac...

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks for your reply John. I haven't used display planner, not sure if it will help as my problem isn't finding keywords - I know which keywords work for my ads - it's getting the ads to show for relevant keywords. We still receive strong impressions and clicks, however not for any keywords I would expect us to show for. In fact I'm not able to determine which search terms the Youtube ads are showing for as this doesn't seem to be available on Google display network.

YouTube search campaigns used to be treated as search campaigns rather than display campaigns. Is there any way I can still advertise on YouTube as a search campaign?
Many thanks
Neil

Google Employee
# 4
Google Employee

Hi Neil,

Thanks for the additional information. I have a few more questions for you that may help me fix your issue.

1. Are you running your videos through YouTube only? Or are you running your ads using Adwords for Video?
2. Are you using TrueView video formats? Or your own video formats?

3. In the All Video campaigns section if your running your Adwords for Video in your Adwords Account, can you view the Youtube search keywords under the Targets tab? In my Adwords account, I can view the YouTube search keyword which shows me the keywords and other information like Max CPV/Views/Avg. CPV/etc. You can choose what type of view under the Columns pull down menu below the Targets tab. 

There's also a great community thread about "Does Adwords for Video Accept Keyword Match Types?" that may be relevant to your question.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

i have exactly the same problem. For a client we used to rank number 1 when a user searched for their brandname, but now I can't get the ad to show up. I narrowed down the campaign to only 5 branded keywords. Just targeted 1 country and language, increaed de CPV to €0.50, changed the video. But this does not work!

I got help from Google but they are also lost regarding this matter.....

Have you figured it out?