3.4K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

My Shopping campaign bounce rate is high

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

My Shopping campaign bounce rate is around 65% how can I reduce it please guide us.

And my second question is most of product landing page bounce rate is 100% why? While the matched search query and their respective landing page is same and also let me know what the ideal bounce rate for e commerce websites is.

3 Expert replyverified_user

Re: My Shopping campaign bounce rate is high

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Frank,

You are advised to identify the specific keywords (or search terms) that increment greatly to the high bounce rate and then pause or remove them. In addition, you may want to focus your attention on the LP content and the method of conversions on your site. It's probably worth trying to run some experiments so as to optimize the Landing Page with the "Website Optimizer". Please find below a link to Benefits of Experiments:

https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/1745147

Best,
Lakatos

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi @Frank S

Besides what @Lakatos advised, you should also check your code installation on the problematic pages. A bounce rate of 100% or 0% may also be caused by wrongly installed GA code. Also, check the devices where such bounce rates are happening. Are they mobile? If yes, check to see if you GA code is firing properly on mobile devices. 

One more thing, are you using stand alone landing pages that do not offer any navigation to other pages? If so, bounce rates can be higher for obvious reasons. Though, I don't think you should have this. Just an idea. 

Thanks
Ratan Jha
Join me on Google+   |   Tweeter

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
as was indicated, very high bounce-rates are usually a mismatch between
the website and the ad in terms of relevancy or a customer's expectation,
or a technical issue with respect to measurement.

for example, with respect to customer expectation -- be certain that there
are no inconstancies or unexpected variations between any submitted data
or account-level settings that become a product-listing-ad, and the website.

for example, if a product-listing-ad is showing shipping as 1.50 but,
the default add-to-cart shipping on the website is 10.00 then, that
is more likely to trigger a very high, if not a 100%, bounce-rate.

a product-listing-ad's shipping should be either exactly correct or an
overestimate, with respect to the displayed shipping-rate and default
add-to-cart shipping-rate, on the website's link landing-page.

potential customers should never be surprised -- especially unpleasantly.

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
Hello Lakatos

Unfortunately I have a single version of each and every product pages in my website. In that case how can I use experiments please advise me.

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor
Hi Frank,

In regard to your product pages, if you do not have or wish to have variation pages to test or dynamic parameters on your original page that could be automatically passed to and regarded as variation pages, there is of course nothing to experiment with. (I would note that dynamic parameters are very popular with web shops where storage data and effective prices in respect to product pages often vary.)

If that is the case, I would focus on what was said above by Celebird. Hence unless it is a technical issue with respect to measurement, you should focus your attention on what that mismatch between user expectations and the product pages is caused by. We are unlikely to identify the reason without a look at your website and account.

Best,
Lakatos