1.9K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

My Remarketing List isn't growing as fast as it should

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

I get like 15 clicks a day and it only grows by like 5 people a day.  

I'm using some wordpress pluging to put the code in.  

Am I screwing something up here? How often does the remarketing list grow?  

2 Expert replyverified_user

Hi TatM, The audience lists are based on cookies and many...

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi TatM,

The audience lists are based on cookies and many users may not accept or may clear cookies on a regular basis. Not every single visit will result in an additional audience member.

Where is your code installed? Landing pages? How many lists are you working on?

I'm curious if you can expand your potential at all? Is the WP plugin site-wide? Do you run ads promoting your site/homepage?

-Tom
Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Hey, so the thing is on this page: http://www.lawyerconne...

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
Hey, so the thing is on this page:

http://www.lawyerconnection.ca.

Can you see if it's actually tracking cookies correctly?

Also it's not doing it site wide, it's only on the front page.

The thing is I get like 20 clicks a day and only about 5 cookies, feel like there's something wrong.

Hi TatM,   In addition, first of all please note that for...

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi TatM,

In addition, first of all please note that for your remarketing audiences, the minimum number of users should be 100. Less than that makes it non eligible to show your ads.

Now as per Google notes, online users are added quite quickly inside the remarketing list once they visit a page containing the remarketing tag. I would suggest you to add the remarketing tag to more of your website pages so that the minimum requirement of users is completed easily and Adwords start showing ads to those potential users.

See these strategies for more details.

Hope that helps!

Pankaj

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Karl (Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆)
September 2015

What do you mean by clicks?

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Hi TatM,

When you refer to clicks, are you referring to clicks on Adwords ads that have a destination URL of your homepage, (http://www.lawyerconnection.ca/)?

I took a peek at a couple of other pages and did notice that there is no audience code installed on the other pages. 

If you're only working with one audience list "site visitors" then I would suggest that you see if you can get the code installed on ALL of your pages.  Analytics can tell you a lot about the content/pages being viewed by users, entrance pages too to see if you're getting organic visits that are direct to internal pages of your site. 

If you can describe what you have set up and what your goals are, I can better attempt to help you capture the maximum amount of visitors to your list.

Questions for you:

Are you looking at 'Visits' or 'Clicks' in analytics or adwords?
Are you using a 'converted' list at all? 

What is your remarketing strategy? 

How many audience lists do you have running?

Thanks,

Tom

Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Hey! So actually my clicks and visits remain consistent,...

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 6
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
Hey!

So actually my clicks and visits remain consistent, 17 clicks in adwords is 17 visits in analytics. Anyway ill get 17 clicks/visits a day but then only 1 person added to the remarketing list! I tried adding the code to a widget which will now show up on every page so hopefully that will help!

Audience code looks good.

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

Hi TatM,

I just glanced at your site again...the widget worked and the code is now on all pages.  Sometimes it takes a while to compile the 100 members needed to start a remarketing campaign.

Make sure to extend the duration to allow for your membership to continue to grow.

The key now is to work on increasing traffic. Smiley Happy

-Tom

Fixed!

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 8
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hey guys, put the code in the widget and now it seems to be working like  a charm!

Thanks!

Glad to hear it.

Top Contributor
# 9
Top Contributor

Hi TatM,

Glad to hear it!!

-Tom

Re: Glad to hear it.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi, I think I might be facing similar problem.

There are several landing pages in the website and I want to make different audiences in order to use different ads later. So I used different tags for each landing page. the tags were inserted in URL about a week ago, but the number of users in the list don't change at all. It is 1 for a while now.although google analytics say that abou 20 people have visited one landing page in the last couple of days.

Does anyone have aby idea where the problem might be?