AdWords
4.1K members online now
4.1K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

My Display Ads are not showing, getting 0 impressions. Please help.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello Everyone

I have created a new campaign with Image Ads in it. My Image ads have been approved but I am not getting any impressions. My Impressions are 0 till now. I have set targeting method as "Placements" and added placement sites. When I am clicking on the speech bubble next to my placement sites it is showing that "Ads Not  Showing".

Please help me. What can be the reasons behind this?

My Campaign settings are:
Search with Display Select

All Format Ads

Locations are given

Manual CPC

English

Targeting - Placements

Networks - All

Device - All 

Please suggest me something. It would be very helpful.

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
April 2017

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Hi Shweta,

With placement targeting, you want to target specific placements/websites on the Display Network. And a Display Network Only campaign will give you complete control over individual placement bidding and optimization.

View solution in original post

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Shweta,

If your primary objective is targeting specific placements on the Google Display Network, it is better to create a new Display Network only campaign.

And if you are targeting popular sites, you may need higher bids to get impressions.

Read more about managed placements here - https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2470108?hl=en

Deepak

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Deepak

Thank you for your suggestions.

I'll test it by creating a "Display Network Only Campaign" and will check the results.

But, as per Google AdWords, we can also use "Search Network with Display Select".

I am confused in this thing.

I am going to try now as you suggested, raising bids and using "Display Network Only".

Please let me know if there can be any other reasons.

Thanks for guiding me.

Badged Google Partner
# 4
Badged Google Partner

Not all placements are sites which allow AdWords ads. If you manually add placements that have no history of generating impressions as automatic placements, then you don't know if you can show ads on them or not. Take a look at other targeting options like topics, affinity audiences, and/or in market segments. If you start accruing impressions, then you know the issue was the placements you are trying to target.

Tom

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
April 2017

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Hi Shweta,

With placement targeting, you want to target specific placements/websites on the Display Network. And a Display Network Only campaign will give you complete control over individual placement bidding and optimization.

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 6
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi,

Even I am facing such issue. 

I am running with display ads but ads are not showing its eligible and approved. 

I have created display ads with placements targeting 8 applications.

Daily budget is Rs 700/- i have changed bid strategy to maximize clicks now its in learning. 

I can do something else to fix this issue?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Mihir,

If your campaign is in "Eligible & Learning" stage, it means your campaign is active and can show ads. It happens when you change the bid strategy. AdWords takes some time to gather the performance data and optimize your ads accordingly. Just wait for some time. You will start getting impressions. To see why your campaign is in "Learning" stage, hover over the speech bubble next to your bid strategy's status.
Refer to this article for more details: https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/6263057#misconfigured

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 8
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi Shweta,

Thank you for your reply.

I know when its in learning stage it takes time. 

I am running display ad from past 1 week, when it was not in learning stage it was not showing any impression's, ads were not showing. 

Now i have changed bid strategy to maximize clicks hope it works.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

What's your Campaign Type? Is it Display Network Only or Search + Display Select? If you are targeting specific placements, try using a Display Network Only. It will work for you.

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 10
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Display Network only.

Don't know what's the issue.

Have increased daily budget. Fingers crossed.