AdWords
3.4K members online now
3.4K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

My CTR is 200%.. how could this happen...

[ Edited ]
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi Everyone,

I found this thing in my campaign, i want to ask this question that how could be the CTR is 200%, have a look on below snap and please answer me....

and this is three days before stastics snap so please don't give any answer like this takes time to update....

Thanks to you for your answers in advance....

Regards

-Vicky

3 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Theresa_Zook (Top Contributor Alumni)
September 2015

Re: My CTR is 200%.. how could this happen...

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Voldemrt,

I understand that this can happen when a user may have clicked on your ad, visited your site then perhaps hit the back button on their browser and then clicked on your ad again.

The ad has only actually been served once but clicked on twice hence the 200% CTR.

This differs from an invalid click as it's possible that the user is carrying out some research and might have clicked on a couple of other ads, looked at their sites and hit the back button again before returning to your site from the originally served ad.

If a user has visited your site, backed out then visited again then hopefully it's because they've finally found what they were looking for!

Hope that helps.

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hey Red Effect,

Ok i agree with you and i know that could be happened anytime with anyone, but as per google invalid clicks detection method, google told that they actually track IP address of particular system. 

I think that this is google's error because if they track ip address this could not be done. I have to pay for double click for one impression this is some thing which is not acceptable it only grows google adwords revenue not his clients.

One more thing is that, if google counts on your explaination method than it will become very easy for negative competitors to give harm/loss.

Regards

-Vicky

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Theresa_Zook (Top Contributor Alumni)
September 2015

Re: Clicks, visits, sessions

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hello Vicky;

You can have multiple clicks during the same session;

I think these articles explain clearly the differences between visits, clicks and sessions:

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor
If this is very current data (today or yesterdays) then come back in another 24 hours to see if the CTR is now "normal". These 200% ctr issues usually right themselves within 48 hours.

It is a back button thing most often.

Kim Clink, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the 'Best Answer.'

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Hi Vicky,

This is not the first time I've come across this either.  ScottyD created a nice Wiki covering a couple of instances of Abnormal Statistics that you may enjoy.

-Tom

Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 7
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi Vicky,

Having a 200% CTR for so many keywords is very rare. However, such a situation may occur when you have SiteLinks enabled. Users may right click on a Sitelink & open in a new tab and click on the ad as well. Do you have SiteLinks enabled?

Heta
- Paid Search Marketing | www.convonix.com

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor
There are several reasons you can see that - another would be that the data that populates the UI comes from different servers so the Impression data may come from one place and the clicks data from another - if they are not synced up exactly then you can see some wacky data. Check later today and see what you find and let us know...

Kim Clink, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the 'Best Answer.'

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 9
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hey Tom,

Thanks to you, Now i am satisfied with your answer, that these could be the mistake because every time i use modified broad match, phrase match or exact match so no question for bounce rate and this statistics is 3 days old so no question for any update also.

Now i am going to inform google that please refund for invalid clicks. Thanks again 

Regards

-Vicky

Top Contributor
# 10
Top Contributor
Viki - Did you check to see if the clicks were filtered out as invalid?

If not go to the campaign or adgroup and then the Columns button and the Performance section and add the Invalid Clicks metric to your UI to see if there is data reported there. It may already be filtered out.

If not here is a link where you can troubleshoot and report http://support.google.com/adwords/bin/static.py?hl=en&page=ts.cs&ts=2557048&from=2557048&rd=2