AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
3K members online now
3K members online now
Improve your Google Ads performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

My CPA got very high!

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hey, 

I wanted to ask if I come after about 2 days and I found my CPA got very high,  what could be the reasons in this situation & what are the steps I should do immediately in handle it. 

Thanks. 

Re: My CPA got very high!

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

CPA relies on CPC bidding so if anyone has made changes to MaxCPC values during your test period, that is the source of CPA increase. The first thing to do to lower CPA is to lower MaxCPC values.

Look at the ads that do not have a history of generating conversions and pause them . Then create new ads that send the same message as the ones with the highest conversion values.

CPA should be enabled only if you have hundreds or thousands of conversion history and you do not make frequent changes to those campaigns. Changes prevent the algorithm to make predictions.

Other who are willing to contribute to this are welcome, I am sure the list can go on.

Re: My CPA got very high!

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Check the specific keyword with high spending but no conversion or high spending with high CPA. Check the performance for the prior period for the same keyword. If it was performing well but it is not performing for just 2 days, you may want check the performance for another couple of days before you take any action. If this continues, you may want to target a different position by reducing or increasing the position based on your performance for Top Vs Other Position from segments.

You may want to do this for every keyword. Please do not take a call by analyzing at Adgroup level. Analyze at Keyword level.

Regards,
Balu.