AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
5.4K members online now
5.4K members online now
Improve your Google Ads performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

My Business and Adwords

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi there,

We have two separate accounts for our My Business page and our Google Adwords account and would like to link the two.  How do I link the accounts and also does this improve our coverage on Google searches?  Will our My Business page appear on more google search pages?  If not can you please tell me how we can increase this so we are matching our competitors search coverage as they seem to come up in most searches to do with our services while our page only appears when you search specifically for our business name.

Your help would be much appreciated.

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Rakesh Kumar (Top Contributor)
December 2015

Re: My Business and Adwords

Community Manager
# 2
Community Manager
Hi Dan,

I wouldn't say that it necessarily increases your coverage on Google searches, since your ads still need to be set to target the area where the business is located, but the additional info the user sees can definitely help persuade them to visit your website or call.

Since you have two different accounts, you will need to add the email you use to log into AdWords as a manager on the Google My Business account. You can do this by logging into Google My Business with your usual GMB account, adding the AdWords email as a manager on the account, switch to your AdWords email login and accept the email to become a manager. Then you will be able to log into Adwords as usual and add your location extension.

You can find the complete steps by going to "To Sync Locations from a Different Account" on this page: https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2404182?hl=en

Let me know if you run into any issues!
Cassie

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Rakesh Kumar (Top Contributor)
December 2015

Re: My Business and Adwords

Community Manager
# 2
Community Manager
Hi Dan,

I wouldn't say that it necessarily increases your coverage on Google searches, since your ads still need to be set to target the area where the business is located, but the additional info the user sees can definitely help persuade them to visit your website or call.

Since you have two different accounts, you will need to add the email you use to log into AdWords as a manager on the Google My Business account. You can do this by logging into Google My Business with your usual GMB account, adding the AdWords email as a manager on the account, switch to your AdWords email login and accept the email to become a manager. Then you will be able to log into Adwords as usual and add your location extension.

You can find the complete steps by going to "To Sync Locations from a Different Account" on this page: https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2404182?hl=en

Let me know if you run into any issues!
Cassie