Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

My Avg Postion is 1.5, But IS Lost is >90%

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi to Every One

I am facing a problem which i am unable to understand.

My Ad Group Avg Positon is 1.5 but i am losing More than 90% Impression shares because of Rank.

Can any body please tell me the reason and how to solve it.

Waiting for kind reply

regards

2 Expert replyverified_user

Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆

@Hafeez Ul H

Some possibilities are the match type you are using and/or the amount of keywords in the adgroup. How does your exact match IS compare to your regular IS?  How many keywords are in the adgroup?  If you've got some exact match mixed with broad, bmm, or phrase, that could be a reason.  

Rising Star
# 3
Rising Star

Less likely but still possible - competitors might be bidding only during business hours (when your ad doesn't show because of low ad rank), while yours is running 24/7.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

@David K , In ad group, I am getting 30% Impression share, 67% Exact Match IS, and 70% IS(Rank)

and total no of Keywords are 33

Broad match 22

Phrase Match 4

Exact Match 7

Broad Match Modifier 1

Now what you suggest, since 22 Broad keywords are more than enough 

Please Guide me how to Recover 70% Search Lost IS(Rank)

Thanks for your precious advise

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Average position is a metric represents  your performance in auctions you participated, while the impression share takes into account also auctions in which you could participate but did not. In other words, in those 10% of auctions you did participate you were ranked high, but there were  90% of other auctions you were eligible to participate and lost (probably due to low bid or low QS)

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

@MosheTLV Thank you. So what could be Best Practices to Increase QS? I desperately Learn to Master this Art. Please Reply

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

@Hafeez Ul H;

https://services.google.com/fh/files/misc/settling-the-quality-score-whitepaper-final.pdf

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’