AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2.4K members online now
2.4K members online now
Improve your Google Ads performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Multiple conversions. And optimizing only for one conversion

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Multiple actions to be recorded as conversions. Example registration and transaction on e-commerce site. Can we bid  and optimize only for one action like registration from Adwords. Two conversions would be defined with placing of two different conversion code

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Multiple conversions. And optimizing only for one conversion

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello Shirish,

Implementing different action types in the form of lead, sale etc... depends upon you actually. If you implement various action types, AdWords will record them accordingly and if you implement only one, it will be calculated in that way.

I am exactly not sure how you want to optimize your campaign. If you can elaborate more on this, Community might provide you more specifics.

Pankaj

Re: Multiple conversions. And optimizing only for one conversion

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hello Pankaj - Just to put in more details.
Example - For e-commerce sites customers can also register and buy products. So both the actions registrations and transactions I plan to track it separately through different conversion tracking codes. For registration I will assign some business value like INR 100 for every registration and sale value of every transaction will be passed in Adwords. In future down the line of two months can I optimize my account based on registration only?

Multiple conversions. And optimizing only for one conversion

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Shirish,

To begin with, you can import Goals from Google Analytics into AdWords by going to the Conversions page and choosing Import > Google Analytics to select which goals you would like to import.

Once you have imported your goals, you need to update the Category parameter and Count in each goal in AdWords. This will reflect the purpose of the goal as it relates to your business (Leads, Sales, Sign Ups). Note: These goals are also used in your AdWords campaigns.

When you set up a campaign which is maximized for conversions, AdWords will optimize all of your conversions to meet the goal for that respective campaign goal (Leads, Sales, etc.)

So while you can't optimize for specific conversions by name under a campaign, you can definitely optimize Leads vs Sales and AdWords will automate your bidding, targeting, etc. to maximize the amount of conversions you receive in that area on your conversions page.

To see which specific conversions are being increased, you can definitely look at the Segment view of your campaign and filter by Conversions. This way you can see exactly which leads are being generated. Ideally you would only be running traffic to Conversions which you are aiming to increase. So you would see those Leads, Sales, etc. in your Segment breakdown.

Also, for Sign Up vs Lead... see here: https://www.en.advertisercommunity.com/t5/AdWords-Tracking-and-Reporting/What-is-Signup-amp-lead-cat...

I hope that helps!